icon

01 eclipse infiniti audio system problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joshua1221 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
Checked the fuses they look good, when i turn the key i hear a clicking sound on the hood, the starter is getting some juice but doesn't seem like enough. Like i said my batteries ground looks doodiety as hell, so i'm going to check that tomorrow. thanks bro
In order to lead, one must learn to follow...
joshboogie 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2008 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
I'll bet the battery is just dead or close to it. When you tried to close the sunroof it just finished it off.
joshua1221 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2008 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
Alright got the battery replaced cranked the car up beautifly. NOW the cd player and the clock in the middle of the dash will not turn on, i swear if its not one thing its the other. I grounded the CD Player, checked the fuses they look good. Whats up? Any suggestions?  HELP! My wife is yelling at me to get this doodie fixed.
joshboogie 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2008 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
This is where a DMM would come in handy. Have you checked all you connections? Do you have constant power and switched power? Is everything plugged back in? Have you check all the fuses in the car and under the hood? (and not just the one for the radio)
joshua1221 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2008 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
haha i planned on bringing one home from work tomorrow, i checked everythin out this morning it looked good. I will check it out more tomorrow though. Thanks man, i will let you know how it goes
joshua1221 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2008 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
Arlight, i found the fuse from my battery to my fuse box was blown, i replaced the 120Amp fuse and checked too see if that was it. Nothing, my sunroof, Cd player, and middle dash console does not work. I checked it w/ the multimeter and it looks good as well, i was reading in the repair manual that there is an SRS system that  may be messed up, if i can't find the problem thats what i'm going to assume what it is.  Anyway, i'm going to figure it out, anyway got anymore info? Really apperciate it.!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 24, 2008 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
You say you checked it with a meter and it looked good.  What were you checking with the meter?  Define "Looked Good".
megaman 
Copper - Posts: 385
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2008 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  

i am an idiot wrote:
You say you checked it with a meter and it looked good.  What were you checking with the meter?  Define "Looked Good".

...long legs and she batted her eyes.

joshua1221 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2008 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
Haha no it read 7-8  ohms, the repair manual said anything over 5 ohms is good enough ground. I also believe since its the CD Player, the middle clock console, and the sunroof isn't working it has to be something wrong with the interior wiring of the car. I found a blew fuse from my Battery to my main fuse box, replaced it and figured it would work but nothing. I'm thinking something must have happend to blow that fuse, if anything else could have shorted out.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 24, 2008 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
Did you at any point in time, set the meter to the DC Volts setting and check to see if you had 12 volts on the constant and switched wire of the radio?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic