icon

2008 Honda Accord, Disable Factory Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ttran209 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2008 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
I'd like to put a pager alarm in my new car. What wire or wires do I need to disable the manufacture alarm on a Honda Accord 2008?
Would someone tell me in details please?
Thanks a million,
Tony
tony
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2008 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
what happens with the 08 accord factory system is that when the doors are locked the factory alarm is automacticly armed. the good news is that when they are unlocked it is automacticly unarmed. so whenever your aftermarket system locks and unlocks you are turning on and off the factory system. to do unlock you need to 2 wires. a white and a brown, both at the switch in the driver side door. tie into both and diode isolate them from each other. then tie those wires to the unlock output of your system and program it for double pulse. this will unlock the doos as well as disarm the factory alarm.
ttran209 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2008 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
Rookie,
I am very appreciated for your help!
Thank you so much.
I also thanks to the owner of this forum. I was trying to ask around and I could not get an answer.
Again, thanks a million!
Tony
tony
ttran209 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2008 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
Rookie or someone please help me again.
I opened the door panel and worked on the door switch all this morning.
What I could find under the main control panel switch were not the brown=unlock and the white disarm. Actually I found a yellow and a white wires those have -12v on lock, and -12v on unlock when I pushed on lock and unlock. Then I tried to tape every wire (yellow or white)to ground, but there was nothing happened. I also cut off the yellow and the white wires, but when I pushed on the lock/unlock switch and all the door seem to be still locked and unlocked.
How do I make this work? What exactly how I can test and wire to the wire or wires in order to make my alarm locks and unlocks the doors.
I need some help, please help me.
Thank a million,
Tony
tony
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 06, 2008 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  

ttran209..... there is no one named "Rookie" here. 2008 Honda Accord, Disable Factory Alarm -- posted image.

The wires you need are in the white plug inside the door. Use your test light, and turn the key in the door, NOT the lock switch.

These should all show ground when the key is either turned to lock, and unlock.  The white and the brown need to be pulsed at the

same time with the unlock wire from your unit. You will need 2 diodes to "isolate" these 2 one from another.

The orange will show ground when the key is locked.

ttran209 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2008 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
hi,
The Honda I just have is a 2009, but the sticker on the driver side label 9/08.
Do you think both of them have the same wiring configuration?
Yesterday, it took me almost all day for just figured out the wiring. My other Ford Explorer was pretty easy.
Are you talking about the white plug under the control switch on the driver side? And the key needs to be turned from the key hole of the driver door, right?
Thank you,
Tony
tony
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2008 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  

key hole on driver side door yes. your vehicle is an 09 model but was made in 08, the wiring will be the same and your doing good and on the right track. once you get it done you'll look back and think to yourself that it wasnt as hard as it seemed, just a little confusing at first. gook luck! 2008 Honda Accord, Disable Factory Alarm -- posted image.

ttran209 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2008 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you very much for all of your help.
I will try again this weekend, and I will let you know when it will catch up fire... :)
Again, I am very appreciated for all your help.
Big thanks to the owner of the12volt.
Tony
tony
ttran209 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2008 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone,
I spent half day this saturday morning for just figuring out the door lock/unlock double pulse for my 2009 4litters Honda Accord. I was disappointed for not getting the right wiring.
I really need some help. If anyone from the 12volt can help me, I will donate 50 dollars to this website for real.
I need some instruction step by step. The cable in the door panel on the driver side don't have any orange, and the plug under the master switch is not a white one. Also, there are more than one brown wires under the master switch panel.
Please explain to me in a procedure.
Thank you very much.
I am very appreciated all your help.
Tony
tony
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 11, 2008 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
2008 Honda Accord, Disable Factory Alarm -- posted image.Power UnlockBROWN(-)AT DRIVER DOOR LOCK SWITCH IN DRIVER DOOR2008 Honda Accord, Disable Factory Alarm -- posted image.
2008 Honda Accord, Disable Factory Alarm -- posted image.PowerLockORANGE(-)AT DRIVER DOOR LOCK SWITCH IN DRIVER DOOR

This info is for the 08 model.  If there is a brown wire near the orange wire, that would probably be the correct brown wire.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic