icon

2002 ford explorer, alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dustin23 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 02 ford explorer and im in the process of installing an alarm. the only problem im currently having is while i did a check in sheet, i realized that when the explorer goes over a bump the door ajar lights begins to flash and the doors begin to lock and unlock. what can be the problem and solution? and where is the location of the door ajar wire?
dustin213
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
door ajar is usually the same as the doorpin wire which i think is light blue and white in the drivers kickpanel/running boards. as for your lock problem i would check your that you have a GOOD connection to +12v and a good solid ground directly touching metal with no paint or rust between the connection. bad grounds typically cause alarm brains to flip out and act stupid but if it continues you could have brain damage
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2008 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
correction doorpin wire is BLACK/ light blue NOT blue/white
dustin23 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2008 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  

when reviewing the current alarm system in my 02 ford explorer (which is a barbage install), i realized that the lock and unlock wire are tapped into as well as the lock motor.

1) why would an installer use a lock/unlock motor connection?

dustin213
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2008 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  

was he maybe just using the pulse off them to trigger relays for something? just a guess.

ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2008 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
ckeeler wrote:

was he maybe just using the pulse off them to trigger relays for something? just a guess.

i ask that because i know ive use them before for that purpose in the past for various different things.

mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Posted: November 13, 2008 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
The alarm might of been designed to work off the factory keyless entry. The motor wires would just tell the alarm when to arm and disarm itself.
dustin23 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2008 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  

the keyless entry remote is the original remote from ford.

1)can an installer use the oem remote and install an after market alarm and still use the same remote? 

2) is the motor wires needed?

dustin213
dustin23 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2008 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  

let me say it a little better. i'm guessing that the installer used the oem key enter remote. Can an installer install an after market alarm and use the oem keyless enter remote?  is that why the lock/unlock motor wire is needed?

dustin213
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Posted: November 13, 2008 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
1 yes, because as I mentioned above... There are some aftermarket add on alarms that are designed to work with the factory fob.
2 yes, the motor wires would need to be used.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic