the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Ultra Start, Cannot Clear Tack Lockout

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
iwannalearn 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2009 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks 97gss. I did not write that very well. I do the system reset, and get the three horn honks and light flashes indicating it is cleared out. At this point I have tried both leaving the key remaining on, and also shutting the key off before starting. I then start it and get the two horn honks and light flashes indicating the tach is "learned". I let it run a few (20) seconds, shut it off and try the remote. I get the 7 flash error code after trying the remote. Repeat, same result, repeat same result, reset, unplug, plug in, tach learn, try remote, same result, etc, etc. I have just come from messing with it again, and I have removed the module to send in for an exchange. As I stated, I will post the results of the exchange.
husr 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2009 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
i also purchased the ultra start1280 gx-11 from ebay, i won the bid for $32.00. i installed it in a 1998 toyota corolla.. i had the same problem with the 7 flashes = tach lock out. i thought i had the right tach wire off the engines ignition coil. i spend 4 hours reseting alarm, double checking my wiring, etc... after poking the different wires on the ignitions coil with my digital meter, i finally found the right tach wire(blue/red)... now everything is working properly. i closed hood and made sure pin was installed correctly and it felt good when it started...
wiringfool 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2009 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
yes very important note hood must be closed when tach learning unless no hood pin or unpluged
wiringfool eieioztztzt
iwannalearn 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2009 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
I got the exchange part from the seller.  Put in on and RATS!!, same problem, no change.  I played around more with the two different tach wires and tried an injector wire, but no luck there either.  I went back to square one, unplugged the unit, and started testing all the wires at the connecter plug to see if I had the correct signal there.  What I discovered was that of the two red constant 12V wires on the unit, one of them had constant current and one of them had current only with the ignition on.  What I had done was mistakenly treat one of these as a second ignition wire, instead of as a second constant 12 volt wire.  Each of these wires showed 30 amps in the Ultra Start instructions, so I talked to the vendor again, and he said I could just wire the two together and hook to the same source.  Walla!  I'm back in business.  What still befuddles me a little bit is that the unit worked for several starts when I first completed the install, and then quit when I unplugged to reroute the wires, but I suppose there could be several reasons for that.  Thank you everyone for all your good suggestions.  I love this site!!!  I think I have compteted two installs now - my first and my last!  :-0  
Iwannalearn
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic