icon

GM Delco Bose Wiring Diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
geuhl 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2009 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
Why is it so hard to find wiring diagrams for gm delco bose systems? I have been looking all over the internet for a month and all I can find is your standard wiring for gm cars, yellow is power orange is memory and so on, why can't I find any diagrams for the amp wiring, my bose amp has an eight pin plug and a 24 pin and I have no idea how to hook it up, does anyone? I have a 1994 Lumina Euro that came with a standard am/fm cassette. A bose system was a option and I bought one on ebay. It is a bose silver series head unit a u85 bose amp and bose speakers, however I did not get the wiring harness with it. Can anyone help me out?
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2009 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
Probably because nobody does that...! What did you pay for that...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
geuhl 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
With everything I paid around $250.00. I would still like to find out how to wire it.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
If you are willing to do a little footwork with a meter, I can at least help you identify the speaker outputs and power and ground wires.
geuhl 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
I don't know which wires are the input to the amp from the head unit. Power to the amp is easy, it's a big fat orange wire and a black wire. The inputs and outputs are the same size. I can't believe that there is not a schematic out there somewhere.
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

Ok i'll see if there is anything i can find for you...How old is the stuff your putting in...from 1994 too (what year-make- and model the bose equipment is out of) ...? That was kinda why i said nobody does that...Probably could of found some aftermarket used equipment around same money...Is it for keeping it "factory" the reason?

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
you can find the wiring in the factory service mannual for that car.  Maybe Mitchell too
geuhl 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2009 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
The head unit is out of a 1994 lumina. The amp has a date of 6/21/00. The numbers on the amp are 10440936  2W A00  U85  Amp Assy,3630G,WPONT if that will help. I am pretty sure it was a 6speaker system because I got all the speakers with it. one time I was on a Pontiac Forum site that had the diagram, But I cant find it. The Lumina is nice and I want to keep it original, and the factory radios work well. I can install a jack in it for ipod,mp3,ect. Thanks for the replies. 
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 21, 2009 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  

So does this mean we are not going to use the meter to find the speaker wires.  After we identify the speaker wires, the inputs will not be that hard to figure out.

geuhl 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2009 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
I can do the meter test but I don't understand how we can identify the inputs to the amp. Thanks
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic