the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

the12volt’s New Toy, 2009 Yamaha YZF R1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
Not sure where we're going and probably won't know until we're heading out.  It'll depend on the weather and people riding tonight.  Could be Southside Cafe, Bad Bob's Saloon, the Kamp or some where else.
the12volt’s New Toy, 2009 Yamaha YZF R1 - Page 4 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Don't know where you wound up, but I hear that Slidell was swarming with bikes.  My Dad lives there.  He rides a Piaggio (Vespa) 250 MP3   2 wheels in the front  one in the back.  Charcoal in color.  Also a Champagne colored Honda Silver wing scooter.  600CC but still a scooter.  I sent him a link to your pics. 
the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt

We made it to Southside in Slidell, then to Ruby's Roadhouse in Mandeville.  I don't recall seeing those bikes, but there were a couple hundred or so there.  Mine looked a little different tonight with black seats on it instead of the off-red seats that came with it. 

the12volt’s New Toy, 2009 Yamaha YZF R1 - Page 4 -- posted image.

the12volt’s New Toy, 2009 Yamaha YZF R1 - Page 4 -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
i am an idiot 
Posted: July 08, 2009 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
The more black you put on it the better it looks. Nowdays White is out, Stealth B2 Flat Black is in.   He was not out on the bike tonight. I just figured you might see him on the road during the day.
the12volt 
Posted: July 09, 2009 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt

The only time I really ever see any three wheelers of any kind is at a bike night.  I rarely see them on the road. 

I wanted the black one, but the WHITE/ red was the only one in stock and the dealers say they are all limited to the number of '09 R1's they'll have.  I haven't completely decided what I'm going to do with mine, but levers and rear sets will likely be next.  Those will probably be black too, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.  It seems like every time I scratch something off my list, I add a few more items to it.

i am an idiot 
Posted: July 17, 2009 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot

Watching TV today I saw a show that was at a trade show for motorcycles.  It seems as though Cosworth is making some super duper ultra lightweight pistons for your bike.  So if you take the motor out of that thing one weekend, you might want to take a look at them. 

I saw on the news tonight that there is a case of West Nile in your back yard.

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
the12volt 
Posted: July 20, 2009 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt

I'll bet they cost a small fortune, but I doubt I'll ever jump into the engine on this one. I could go broke just from buying accessories and riding gear.

Really? That's the first I've heard of it.

the12volt 
Posted: July 30, 2009 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt

Thanks for the link in the email.

A few more bits added and removed... (*neighbor's house in background)

joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2009 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote joch1314
I like what you did with the mirrors, and the R1 logo removed from the exhaust is a nice touch too!  Like "I am" said, the more black the better!
...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 08, 2009 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot

When you say you didn't recall seeing any of those bikes, that leads me to think you are looking for a Can-Am with the front end that steers like a car.  Following is a pic of My Dad and his bike on the tail of the dragon.  The front end feels like any motorcycle on the road.  If I put you on that thing from the rear, you would ride it and if you didn't kick a tire when you put your feet down, you would never know that there were 2 wheels on the front of it.  The Can-Am does not lean.  There are several spots along the way where they take your picture and will sell you a copy of it.  Killboy.com is the one that is easiest to remember and the taker of this photo.  Just so you will be clear on what you are looking for if you see him on the road in Slidell.

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic