the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

09 Nissan 370Z, Alarm/Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2009 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  

im working on installing remotestart on a 09 370Z with the pushbutton starter and smartkey i dont think i need wire colors for locks and doorpin because the bypass should take care of that but i do need any info on interfacing with the pushbutton starter and also any other tips will be appreciated.

thanks,

Dan

soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2009 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  
also, im using the audiovox tech sheet and i dont trust it at all, but it says that everything should be at the BCM but it doesn't say where the BCM is. i think i found it in the passenger kickpanel but i cant find any of the wires i need there. can someone shed some light on my situation? and a DEI tech sheet would be awesome too if someone can get their hands on one so i can cross reference it with the audiovox sheet.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2009 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
I uploaded a PDF of the DEI Tech Sheet. It my first upload so hopefully it works, its in the download section here on the12volt. Link below:
09 Nissan 370Z
soundnsecurity 
Posted: September 16, 2009 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  

flobee4 wrote:
I uploaded a PDF of the DEI Tech Sheet. It my first upload so hopefully it works, its in the download section here on the12volt. Link below:
09 Nissan 370Z

i <3 u, thank you so much and you have no idea how much that just helped me out.

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 16, 2009 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  

Here is a link to the service manual for that vehicle - http://www.the370z.com/nissan-370z-owners-manual-service-manuals/2759-2009-370z-service-manual.html

It may help you, it may not.  It will, at least, show you where componenets are, what color the wires are, pin numbers, and the function of the signal on that wire.

Kevin Pierson
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 16, 2009 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  

flobee4 wrote:
09 Nissan 370Z

How do you like the "new" tech info fancy pictures and all.... provided to all by Astrostart (DEI of Canada)

I payed 300 dollars for this info, and pay an update fee every year..... you as a DEI dealer get it for FREE?

soundnsecurity 
Posted: September 16, 2009 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  

just curious, but am i going to need to rig something up to bypass/fool the car into thinking the brake pedal is pressed for it to remote start? im not that far into the install yet but i am just thinking ahead.

chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2009 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
not sure if this helps but i did an 09 MKS push button and i i wired up a relay like this for the brake cut the brake wire in half
87 to ing source i tried using the starter wire but it doesnt send 12 soon enough for the car to start
87A to switch side of cut wire and also to the brake shutdown on the remote start system
30 to the other half of the cut brake wire
85 to 12v
86 to status output
this way the car will see the brake light on and start the car up but it will also shut the car down when you hit the brake
the only down fall to this is the brake lights stay on when remote started
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
soundnsecurity 
Posted: September 16, 2009 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  

chev104275 wrote:
not sure if this helps but i did an 09 MKS push button and i i wired up a relay like this for the brake cut the brake wire in half
87 to ing source i tried using the starter wire but it doesnt send 12 soon enough for the car to start
87A to switch side of cut wire and also to the brake shutdown on the remote start system
30 to the other half of the cut brake wire
85 to 12v
86 to status output
this way the car will see the brake light on and start the car up but it will also shut the car down when you hit the brake
the only down fall to this is the brake lights stay on when remote started

yeah, thats pretty much how i was thinking i would need to do it, i guess one more relay cant hurt.

chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2009 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
i had 3 relays in the MKS
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic