2009 Chevrolet Silverado Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dennis f 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2009 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys,
I am an old installer who got out of the business a few years back. I have an opportunity to install a remote start in a friends car, 2009 Silverado.
I am trying to find any type of schematic or install guide. I have heard that GM changed up the way these are wired from 05/06 when I last installed.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks
-Dennis
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2009 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
: 2009 CHEVROLET SILVERADO C1500 4DR TRUCK WITH 4.3L ENGINE AND STANDARD AUDIO SYSTEM
Remote Start       
WIRE COLOR POLARITY LOCATION
Battery RED / WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
   LOW CURRENT, FOR HIGH CURRENT USE RED / BLACK AT VEHICLE FUSE BOX
Ignition 1 PINK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Accessory 1 BROWN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
   MAY BE YELLOW ON SOME MODELS
Accessory 2 PINK/BLACK (+) IGNTION SWITCH HARNESS
   FOR REMOTE START INTEGRATION
Starter 1 YELLOW/BLACK (+) AT MODULE UNDER HOOD BEHIND DRIVER HEADLIGHT
   NOT FOR REMOTE START, FOR REMOTE START INFORMATION
Starter 2 PINK/BLACK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
   FOR REMOTE START INTEGRATION
Anti-Theft Type GM PASSKEY III® ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM
Anti-Theft Descript THE KEY SENDS AN RF SIGNAL TO THE BCM MODULE THROUGH AN ANTENNA LOCATED AROUND THE IGNITION CYLINDER
Key Sense PINK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Tachometer WHITE (-) AT IGNITION COIL
Speed Sense YELLOW/BLACK (AC) AT ECM MODULE UNDER HOOD ON DRIVER FENDER
   BLACK PLUG PIN #57
Parking Lights LIGHT BLUE (-) AT VEHICLE LIGHT SWITCH
Brake Lights LIGHT BLUE/WHITE (+) AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
   IGNITION MUST BE ON FOR THIS WIRE TO TEST
Reverse Lights DARK BLUE (+) AT BCM MODULE UNDER DRIVER DASH
Horn TAN (-) IN HARNESS AT STEERING COLUMN
   ALSO AT BCM MODULE UNDER DRIVER DASH
Modules       
WIRE LOCATION      
Please select another category
Doorlocks/Windows       
WIRE COLOR POLARITY LOCATION
Power Unlock WHITE (-) AT BCM MODULE UNDER DRIVERS SIDE OF DASH
   THIS WIRE UNLOCKS THE REAR DOORS ONLY, WILL REQUIRE A 5-WIRE SET-UP IN EACH FRONT DOOR TO INTEGRATE OR A SERIAL DATA MODULE FROM AN ALARM MANUFACTURER
PowerLock LIGHT BLUE (+) AT BCM MODULE UNDER DRIVERS SIDE OF DASH
   THIS WIRE LOCKS THE REAR DOORS ONLY, WILL REQUIRE A 5-WIRE SET-UP IN EACH FRONT DOOR TO INTEGRATE OR A SERIAL DATA MODULE FROM AN ALARM MANUFACTURER
i would use a DLPK module
DLPK (2009 Chevrolet Silverado)
W2W
CC-Heated Seats Activation
DL-Arm Factory Security
DL-Disarm Factory Security
DL-Door Lock Control
DL-Door Unlock
DL-Driver Priority Unlock
PK-Immobilizer Bypass-Data No Key Req'd
RS-RAP Shut Down (Remote ACC Power)
RS-Tach / RPM Output
SS-Entry Monitoring ALL Door Pins
SS-Entry Monitoring Driver Door Pin
SS-Entry Monitoring Front Door Pins
SS-Entry Monitoring Hood Pin
D2D
CC-Heated Seats
DL-Arm Factory Security
DL-Disarm Factory Security
DL-Door Lock Control
DL-Door Unlock
DL-Driver Priority Unlock
PK-Immobilizer Bypass-Data No Key Req'd
RS-RAP Shut Down (Remote ACC Power)
RS-Tach / RPM Output
SS-Entry Monitoring ALL Door Pins
SS-Entry Monitoring Driver Door Pin
SS-Entry Monitoring Front Door Pins
SS-Entry Monitoring Hood Pin
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2009 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
are you doing remote start only or hooking up keyless entry also?
i do a ton of work on new chevys, and have always just powered up pink ign , brown ac,constant( heavy red./blk at back of fuse box), lt blue(neg) pk lites at switch, brake wire( bottom wire at pedal switch blue/white i believe), ground and i program a blank key and place it in an astcbm(universal bypass module) if doing keyless also, most of these trucks(except some high lne models) have org/blk and pink/blk negative at bcm and/or behind acces door on dr side of dash if these wires arent present( again only seen this on highlne models) than must use a module from d.e.i. or flash logic etc., i also always hook up a tch feed from the lt blue wire at fuel injectors as with tachless ive had many instances of start, run for a few stop, restart, so i hook up tach and have never had a problem doing them this way, no need to do the resistors to the white wire as most tech tips say to do
kickergod 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2009 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  

They are pretty easy since the bypass will do most of the work for you. I use a Fortin CANSL2 which also does bypass, locks, arm/disarm, etc. You will need Battery, and Brake at the fuse box, and you get the Bypass wires up at the IGN where you can get Horn, - Parklight, ING,ACCY. The bypass should take care of the rest through data wires. If I recal the bypass does tach and hood as well, but Ultrastarts (what I usually use) don't seem to like that tach signal so I go out under the hood. The power wire at the fuse box is smaller than your typical power wire but it will be fine. I believe it is Red White off the top of my head and there are about 4 or 5 in the same plug (any of them will work) I have done a good 5 or 6 of these in the pase couple months so feel free to send me a message if you need any further help.

Ryan Edwards
MECP Certified Installer
dennis f 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2009 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
I believe this is a lower tier model. I won't know for sure till I open it up anyway. I have read about the 2 different models and after speaking with my buddy about this, he makes it sound like the lower level model but is equipped with some higher end options.
I plan on just doing RS with keyless. I have used the GMDLBP with success on older versions so using one similar would be better for me so I don't have to learn to much or spend time trying to figure a component out. But if it has straight (-) locks I will do that with an ASTCBM and I can get keys local and even have access to a key grinder.
Jim, what do you do for alarm disarm or do these new models not have alarms?
Thanks a bunch guys. I actually miss doing this work as I was an installer for 12 years and got out in 06 or so.
-Dennis
dennis f 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2009 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
OH!
What is the white wire with resistor for and what about crank/starter circuit?
-Dennis
kickergod 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2009 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  
The white wire does your start through a resistance value. I do not know if you can get around that without a bypass. I am sure there is a way but I have always done them with the all in 1 bypasses that do locks key bypass and resistance. Here is what I use https://ifar.ca/en/products/flash/can-sl2/features.html There are other brands out there that will be similar in function
Ryan Edwards
MECP Certified Installer
jim hunter 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2009 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
i have never used nor needed the white wire with resistor on anjy gm and i work for 2 chevy dealers, i have never had any issues, i talked to a couple different mechaniscs and both told me the only thing that MAY occur is that the bcm will store an improper key sequence code which will trip NO lights or any other issues would do the same thing if a customer started the truck with both keys on the same key ring too close together. as for disarm, the alarm(if eqipped) will disarm upon seeing a key and the ign wire, have never done one yet aht i need to hook up any seperate disarm wire, the only way to arm it with aftermarket keyless would be to lock while door is open so i dont see that happening , i can do more research but ive never had one that had the negative door locks at the bcm have the alarm option so i dont think its an issue, but i also normally only do 1 button start only and the customer would use their factory keyless so this also would avoid problem
jim hunter 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2009 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
there is no crank/starter circuit, the vehicle starts by seeing ign and accessory get power and accessory drop whle ign maintains this tells the bcm to crank
dvaldez0989 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2009 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
so if there is no starter/crank circuit what are you hooking up the starter wire to from the remote start and how are you doing a starter kill?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic