Viper 5902 vs 7901?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
faded808 
Copper - Posts: 87
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2009 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
neogeek wrote:
yea unless it is in the valet/antenna, it should also be in the brain. Anyone up for trying to see if the remote from ..com works with the 5901?
yeah, was wondering if the sensor is i. The antenna/valet area!! But i am gonna buy a bitwriter soon and was thinking of getting the new remote to see if all the featyres would work with tge 5901, but the one i seen was like 200 for just the remote!! :-/
neogeek 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2009 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
Boy they are strict with referencing retailer's websites... Well the remote is out there just search for it.
angelars 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2009 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
faded808 wrote:
[QUOTE=neogeek]i am gonna buy a bitwriter soon and was thinking of getting the new remote to see if all the featyres would work with tge 5901, but the one i seen was like 200 for just the remote!!
Pricing will come down over time. The 5902 remote has OLED technology which is a bit more expensive than just a color screen. Plus the 5902 is not just a 'remote'. It allows you to customize the remote and alarms features, simply push the side button in for 3 seconds to enter programming mode. So it does a lot more, which explains why it costs a bit more than a simple remote.
neogeek 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2009 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
I checked the manual of the 5902 and the LED should be on the valet switch. I'll prb order the remote soon as their aren't too many new features that the 5901 remote doesn't do and should work with the 5901 brain. Parking meter alert should be dependent on the remote and not the brain (although if it doesn't work then it isn't the end of the world).
angelars 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2009 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
Bitwriter Version 2.7 is now official!
Viper 5902 vs 7901? - Page 5 -- posted image.
Viper 5902 vs 7901? - Page 5 -- posted image.
angelars 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2009 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
neogeek wrote:
Parking meter alert should be dependent on the remote and not the brain
I think it is. Our 5902 main module was still sitting in the box and we were able to access the parking meter screen (on the remote) and countdown seemed to work.
jmorales831 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2009 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  

angelars wrote:
jmorales831 wrote:
has anybody heard anything about the bitwriter v2.7 upgrade?
I am going to order one today. I will keep you informed about it as soon as I get it. I believe the actual version number is 2.76.

Hey.  Just wondering where you ordered it and how much it cost.  I've only had my bitwriter for about 6 months and it sucks that it's worthless with my alarm.  Anyway, thanks for the update on it.  Let me know if anything comes up.

angelars 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2009 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
jmorales831 wrote:
Just wondering where you ordered it and how much it cost.
We're not allowed to post retailer names but if you send me your e-mail address I will send you their name. You could also use the search engine and look for the company that mentions a doctor. I think I paid around 20 dollars for it. I bought my Bitwriter around 6 months ago too. I'll just sell the 2.6 on ebay or something. For someone with an older Bitwriter it will be a good deal.
djdownfawl 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2009 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
Can anybody help me out installing this i am in the NJ Morris county area. I wish to purchase the 5902 also.
I want to get this done asap plz.
masterodisaster 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2009 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
This 5902 is AWESOME, but the remote is quite large. You can set it to start automatically at certain temperature extremes. I don't understand why they use 7901 AND 5902 for model #s... It does NOT come with an install manual like most others, just that sheet of zone tables and a master wire diagram. The regular user manual is MUCH more detailed than others I've seen though.
Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic