icon

Viper 5902 vs 7901?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chocy 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2010 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
actually, there IS a lock feature. With the lock turned on, the remote will lock after 30 seconds of inactivity and will require you to press remote start, then unlock to unlock it (similar to the old menu, * on older cell phones)
Thanks!!! I am glad to get this info. At times keys can get into the wrong hands (such as children) or pockets so having some type of lock is appreciated. Thanks again.
Chocy
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2010 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  
yea, I've pressed my fair share of buttons on accident, the lock feature is nice.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2010 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  
angelars wrote:
How do you turn this feature on?
with the screen off, press and hold the scroll wheel in like a button for a about 10 seconds, then you'll get into a menus with several sub-menus, I don't remember which menu it's in, but once you're at this point you'll see a few different options, such as advanced start temp settings, parking meter, etc...
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
principal 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2010 at 6:35 AM / IP Logged  
i did have the 5901 installed and is now using the remote for the 5902. as far as i can see it works the same way, just color and different position buttons.
knowledge is wisdom
chocy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2010 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  

Gretings...in the final process of buying my 5902!!!

Question:  I have a factory alarm on my current vehicle which allows me to control both my windows and the trunk (release). I noticed on several sites these things are considered additional options/accessories. Does this mean I will have to purchase these accessories on top of the 5902 kit in order to keep these features (windows/trunk release) or will they continue to work because they were standard on the car when purchased? 

Chocy
angelars 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2010 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
Depends.... if you can get the wiring diagrams for your car then you should be able to tap into them. Otherwise then yes, you'll need to take other measures.
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2010 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
I noticed when watching the Video on yuobute that the 5902 has an input for the tilt sensor. What other dedicated inputs does it have aside from the usual (trunk, hood, door, stage 1 and 2 shock. Specifically for the 506T Glass break sensor, secondary shock sensor (this doesn't need a dedicated input) And lastly the Radar sensor 508D or similar.
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2010 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
Ordered this morning I guess I will answer my own question when the unit gets here.
Troc4434 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
sneakycyber wrote:
Ordered this morning I guess I will answer my own question when the unit gets here.
hey, how are you going to hook yours up? d2d or w2w? Im not sure what way im going to do mine yet. i have a crysler 300c with the canbus.
angelars 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2010 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
I went D2D.
Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic