icon

2007 BMW 3X Series Alarm/Remote Start Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
roxxor 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2012 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
In regards to remote start for a 2008 3 series, I noticed that the list for Starter, Ignition, and Accessory all state (Not for remote start). They also list that the are located at the CAS. Does this simply mean not to tap the wires at that location, or would I need to locate other wires for remote start? Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
Confusing but follow their instructions, I think Ted should chime in here from experience.
kop1 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
Does the car have the push in the dash then push start system. If yes then you need a dball or canmax 400 and kibmw from directed. On uk spec cars there is issues with factory alarm not disarming through dball on some cars.
roxxor 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
Hi guys, thanks for the quick replies.
@howie II: Very confusing! The issues is that the instructions taunt you with "Hey, here are the wires, but don't use them!" So I'm not sure if I should look for the same colors elsewhere, or different wires altogether.
@kop1: Yes, it has push button start. Hence I already have a DLPK and the KIBMW modules. Thanks
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
I would use the INTBMW and EVO module from fortin. Those are rock solid for the BMWs. its on the pricey side, but they are very effective with minimal install time. You spend more on the the bench, than inside the car.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
X 2 with Tedmund, I have a direct account with the UK DEI importer but I'd rather get the Fortin equipment from Canada.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
the 2007 is a PTS. the wires you find at the CAS do NOT power those. Those are essentially reference wires and don't actually power on the cars electronics etc. The start is done through data by bypassing the brake. remember the fortin comes in 2 pieces for the bmw. The INTBMW (bypass + controls the pts) the EVO controls convenience features. For best results, you should use both, but it will set you back ~150-200 in modules only. Then again, if you have this vehicle i'm sure 200 isn't much.
I have done one without a can based module and its honestly not worth it. Too much time hunting wires, just have a module to do it for you.
Ted
Compustar Expert
roxxor 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys. Unfortunately I already have the dlpk and ordered the KIBMW last week. So am I correct in understanding that since the KIBMW/INT-BMW controls the start button, that once it is connected I will not need to wire the remote start function of my Viper alarm? Sorry for so many questions lol
tedmond 
Posted: March 04, 2012 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
well those modules are made by fortin, so essentially you bought the
DLPK = Fortin CANSL2 = replaced with Current EVO-CAN
KIMBWM = INTBMW
so you are in luck then. the install will go smoothly. Just follow diagrams to the T, and make sure you wire the brake bypass part properly. If you don't the car will never remote start OR start with the pts button. Take your time and double check the connections at this location.
Ted
Compustar Expert
noril ferguson 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2012 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
i can help with bmw x3 remote start all u need to used kibmw and dlpk and that it
car audio /alarms installer with lots of over 15 year
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic