icon

accord immobilizer bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brown324 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2010 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all, new to the forums but look foreward to being here and hopefully contributing as much as possible. About 8 years ago I was an installer at Quality auto sound, I did a lot of audio/video and even building custom sub enclosures, and although I did a few remote start and alarm installs it was never my preference and now it has been so long since I have done anything that I might be losing my touch a bit!  Anyway, I am installing an avital 4103 remote start/keyless in my 2000 honda accord. Using the directed pk all bypass modual with d2d. The only thing I am having a hard time with (brain fart) is figuring out wiring the bypass. Looking at directed's vehicle specific diagram, they show a 5 pin connector at the immobilizer reciever (in  ignition) I find a 4 pin connector with yellow/black, red, blue, & BROWN / black, is this the correct harness? Best I can tell I need to tap the pink (from modual) to the yellow/black, blue/white (from modual) back to remote start blue ( in 4 pin satellite harness) status output, tap yellow/black (from modual) to blue, it's the PURPLE / white to data (which would be red)  that i'm confused about, it shows to cut the wire rather than tap it, and to hook the PURPLE / white to the ECU side of the wire, so what the hell happens to the other side of the red wire at the immobilizer unit in the ignition? maybe I'm completely off base here, and if I am please tell me so I dont jack doodie up lol!  Thanks in advance for any and all help.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2010 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  

It should be a Green 5 Pin connector at the ignition switch. ( 5 pins with only 4 wires, perhaps ).

The Data wire gets cut and when the remote start is not in operation the PKALLs' internal relay is making the connection.  When the remote start is active ( GWR output is (-) )  the relay opens the circuit and the bypass injects ( via the PURPLE / White wire ) the correct data to the BCM.

Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic