2008 landrover lr2 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikeynice 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2011 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  

Hello All,

I am looking to either install or have installed a remote start for my LR2. Ive been searching for a while and I can not seem to find any info like wiring diagrams. I would like to use my existing remote(press lock 2 or 3 times) if possible. Can anyone shed some light on what my possibilties are? LR2 has factory alarm and my remote is actually the key w/ pushbutton start. Will I need to lose a key or can something be done with a module? TIA.

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 08, 2011 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
You would lose a remote. No way around it that I am aware of. You would also have to pick up a 2-way D2D compatible system (DEI's Avital brand is NOT full D2D, Viper is). Since you need to have a 2-way D2D system, i believe you would need to carry another remote as well. Have a look through the bypass installation manual...not really a job I would recommend for a DIY'er because you have to de-solder two connections in the ignition switch.
Link to bypass module install manual.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
mikeynice 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2011 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  

Twelvoltz wrote:
You would lose a remote. No way around it that I am aware of. You would also have to pick up a 2-way D2D compatible system (DEI's Avital brand is NOT full D2D, Viper is). Since you need to have a 2-way D2D system, i believe you would need to carry another remote as well. Have a look through the bypass installation manual...not really a job I would recommend for a DIY'er because you have to de-solder two connections in the ignition switch.
Link to bypass module install manual.

Thanks Twelv,

I guess I can live with losing a key but carrying 2 remotes is gonna be a problem for me. Ive done a bit more reading and was able to find a wiring diagram. Im a bit confused on the 2-way d2d stuff but I found this http://www.avital.com/Products/Product.aspx?path=Remote Start System&id=5008 which is d2d. Will the Avital 4003 work along with the KILRV interface on my LR2?? I also found this http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=122 but Im not sure if I need it also. If this setup will work I assume that after the car has been remotely started I will still need to put my key fob into the dash??? Thanks

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 11, 2011 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
The Avital brand is known to have issues when trying to use D2D...I have never had any luck with any Avital in D2D mode (I install almost exclusively Avital products). I would stick with DEI's Viper/Python lines, not Avital when D2D is required.
Yes, I would use the DLPK in conjunction with the remote start and the KILRV. The DLPK allows you to make most connections when you bench wire the unit instead of having to interface in the vehicle. For example the DLPK gives you a tachometer connection instead of having to run one out under the hood.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
jfeezie 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2011 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
Twelvoltz,
I am also about to attempt an install of a remote start and security system in a 2008 LandRover LR2. I've purchased a Viper 5701, the DLPK door lock interface and the KILRV key bypass. I have no problem soldering for the key bypass but my question comes in the D2D interface. Both the KILRV and the DLPK modules have D2D and the KILRV came with what looks to be a Y cable (2x 4pin connectors, and 1x 4pin connector with only 3 wires connected to it?) Is it possible to wire all these modules together with just the D2D or does W2W have to be used. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic