the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com - Free Technical Information for Mobile Electronics Installers, Enthusiasts, and Do-It-Yourselfers since 1999 Ohm's Law - It Rules!
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com - Free Technical Information for Mobile Electronics Installers
BasicsCar AudioCar SecurityCruise ControlsDiodesDoor LocksOhm's LawPassive CrossoversRelaysResistorsSubwoofer Enclosures Search
Application GuideCalculators, Charts, DiagramsDownloads/ManualsFind InstallersForumsGlossarySubwoofer WiringToolsVehicle Wiring Recent Topics
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
  the12volt.com spacer

the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
Diodes
Glossary of Terms
Ohm's Law
Relays
Resistors
Tools and Equipment
Wire Sizes
Introduction
Parallel & Series Calcs
Passive Crossovers
Port Length Calculators
Subwoofer Box Calculators
Subwoofer Enclosure Types
Subwoofer Wiring Wizard
Thiele - Small Parameters
Miscellaneous
Relay Diagrams
Vehicle Wiring Database
Introduction
Alarm Accessories
Alarm Modules
Alarm Sensors
Basic Connections
Illuminated Entry
Light Flash
Power Door Locks
Starter Interrupts
Installation Pictorials
Relay Diagrams
Vehicle Wiring Database
Introduction
Electrical Connections
Mechanical Connections
Servo Settings
VSS and Tach Info
Vehicle Wiring Databse
All Forums
Buy & Sell Equipment
Car Audio
Car Audio Hot Topics
Car Security & Convenience
Car Security Hot Topics
Car Security Pictorials
Cellular & Communications
Cruise Controls
Employment
Fiberglass & Fabrication
General Discussion
Lights, Neon, LEDs, HIDs
Marine Electronics
Miscellaneous
Mobile Video & Navigation
Motorcycle Electronics
Music, Favorite Songs
Relays
Rides & Systems Gallery
Vehicle Information
Recent Forum Topics
Forum Help & How To
Forum & Site Notices
Books & DVDs
Calculators
Charts
Diagrams
Downloads - Manuals
Find an Installer
Forums - Q&A
Glossary of Terms
Insurance for Car Stereos
Links
Mobile Tech News
Relay Diagrams
The Application Guide
Vehicle Wiring Database
About the12volt
Support Us
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer

the12volt.com spacer

the12volt's install bay
Mobile Electronics Forums

Welcome Guest :)
Display List of Forum MembersMember List  Forum SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Custom Search
the12volt`s installbay - Mobile Electronics Forums the12volt's install bay / Fiberglass, Fabrication, and Interiors

Subject Topic: 1pc tilt front end (Topic Closed Topic Closed)

Post ReplyPost New Topic
the12volt's install bay
Author
Message      << Prev Topic  |  Next Topic >>
montecustom
spacespace

United States
Posted: March 22, 2011 at 11:12 AM - IP Logged  

well good day to you all and thanks for allowing me into your forum. My name is Anthony, friends call me Ant. I have a ongoing project and am getting things setup for my body work. For I have an ambitious and daunting task laid aheasd of me. For I am building the 1st wide bodied Monte Carlo Roadster  that I have ever seen. I have an 87 LS/SS conversion. While I'm waiting on suspension, wheels n brakes, I'm preparing myself with items to be used in my handmade kit. I spoke with guys from FiberGlast Development about their 2lb foam in which I will build panels and wide flares. front and rear. Shape tp my desired ideas then retro fit a 2010 camaro upper n lower grill in my SS grill to use as a mold for the ground effects. Design a Ramair scoop on hood out of 2" foam (Harwwood wants $380 for their hood). Incorporate 2007 Monte LED tailights and trunk then mold flares to the rear lights. Essentially I'm taking an Old School Mustle car and adding new Technology. NO sharp lines, all curves. 20s in the back 18s in the front on bags with 800 supercharged LS motor bored to be a 454 pushing 625hp on motor.

The question I'm seeing alot about is the fleece or cotton. I want to cover my whole front end 1 pc. and the others seperate but blend all together with the door panels, rear fenders. I will use fleece but what king and where? Thought of Kevlar (since Imma former Marine) but it will cost a fortune in resin. But I will use 3/4 piping after the mold is made. Weld it as a cage when it has been fitted. Then glass it into itself. Then I have strength and a place for hydralic arms to raise and lower it like a Bimmer.

I've been a backyard mechanic most of my life and fix my and my wife's cars for years. I have done some body, never a full on kit. But I am an artist by gift and hace a good eye for details. The on thing I won't rush is thee bodywork cause imma use White Diamond Pearl with Blue tint, then Glow car company sending me some glow-in-the-dark blue paint that will glow when the lights are off for 3hrs. Riding down the street glowing.

Well fellas Im going to bounce. I have alot of great ideas to run by some of you such as lights and other things for another day. We had a saying in the Marines that if you "Improvise Overcome and Adapt to any situation put before you and Conquer it YOU will Succeed Every Time". Peace........ Keep Riden..... Thank a service Man today  : )

Not a member?
Register

Already a member?
Sign In  

the12volt`s installbay - Mobile Electronics Forums the12volt's install bay / Fiberglass, Fabrication, and Interiors

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version