icon

marine speakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
travisp32 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2011 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I was looking to upgrade my boat 6.5 speakers. I've been looking at kicker km6250.2, rockford fosgates, JL. Just looking for some advice on what brand you guys would recomend. Even other brands as well
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2011 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
I looked at a lot of them before i decided on my MB Quart coax's. Definately a step above if your willing to pay the price...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
travisp32 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2011 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  

Any others

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2011 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
Do you want a water resistant or waterproof speaker? The two types of speakers are drastically different.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
travisp32 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2011 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  

I thought all marine speakers were the same. Not sure, never really knew their was a difference.

forbidden 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2011 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
Do not think that just because a speaker is white and comes with stainless steel screws that it is waterproof. I have replaced so many marine speakers over the years it is not even funny. A true waterproof speaker is one that can be completely submerged, come up and say please sir can I have some more. A water resistant one is going to die a horrible death from rust as time soldiers on. Think of the environment the speakers are going to be mounted in and the budget you have to spend on the speakers. It may be beneficial in some cases to go with a normal old speaker and replace them every couple of years vs. going with a true marine speaker that is normally not budget conscious.
travisp32 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2011 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  

What brand do you recomend for a water proof speaker? Thanks

forbidden 
Posted: April 07, 2011 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
My days as a retailer are now finished, I retired last summer after almost 22 years of 12volt. If you still can find a set of the Eclipse marine speakers (SM6500), we had very good success with them. JL Audio would be a good suggestion I would think but I have zero experience with the line. I do know that they build stellar equipment but be prepared to pay the man at the same time.
remarkable53 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2011 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
all are good speakers but I recommend 6x9s.  Louder output and crank with deck or amp power.  The JL's 7" are really good we do alot of them and no complaints I wouldn't do components either.
remarkable53

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic