icon

stereo problem, 1999 mazda protege

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikeduff 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2011 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys. Im new I say hi to you at the same time. Im from Quebec, Canada and I used your stereo schematics quite a few times. So, ive got a problem. I got a 1999 mazda protege and while installing my new stereo, the signalisation lights stopped working and my new stereo didn't work. So I put back in my old stereo but it doesnt work anymore, when it used to when I first removed it. I checked the fuse but they don't seem to be blown.

If anyone could help me and if you need some more information, I can help you with that.

Thanks in advance !

-Mikael

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,601
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2011 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
Signalisation lights?
JW.ORG.
COMMIT YOUR WAY TO JEHOVAH AND HE WILL ACT IN YOUR BEHALF.
PSALMS 37:5
mikeduff 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2011 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
The lights that show witch way your turnikg ( sorry for my band english i speak french :p )
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2011 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
Did  you check all the fuses or just the radio fuse? Its possible that you may have blown another fuse. Check all the fuses both inside the car and out under the hood. I'm 99% sure you have a blown fuse somewhere.
buddholly 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2011 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
There should be a fused labeled room down in the kick panel, believe it's 10 amp. Check it.
Do your hazards work?
mikeduff 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2011 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
It's allright guys, I found what the problem was. My stereo wasn't working for two reason. First, I blew a fuse because my 12V wire touched the frame of my radio, doing a short, so it blew the 15 amp fuse. Then, I found out that there was an other ground wire wich wasn't in the 2 wiring harness for my radio so I just plugged that in and the stereo worked just fine.
For the flashers, I disconnected the harness wich was connected to the hazard lights button on the dash, thats why they weren't working at all.
thanks for the advice !

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic