icon

rx8 keysense as factory alarm disable?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
toby12188 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2011 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone, I just installed a Python responder one 4302 with a DEI 1101t bypass (I have the keyless "smart" keys) into my 2006 RX8. Everything went smoothly, but every time I remote started the car the alarm would go off. No biggie, I forgot to hook up the factory disarm wire. The new problem I have is when the RS disarms the factory alarm, it also unlocks the doors, which is obviously bad.
SO, I read on a mazda 6 forum that someone with a 2006 tied the status output of their remote start to their keysense wire, which would disarm the alarm without unlocking the doors. (Status output is negative, keysense is positive, so use a relay.) Does anyone here have experience with the RX8 or other Mazdas to know if that's something I could do? Or if there's another proven method of disarming the crazy thing without unlocking the doors?
Any/all info is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123726609-Remote-Start-for-MS6 Here's the link to the mazda 6 article
I didn't do it. *nodnod*
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2011 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
You could do 2 things. Try the status output through a relay to the keysense (you wont hurt anything). If that doesnt work, use the factory disarm from the python to disarm the alarm and also use the small purple (-) 200mA starter output through a relay with a 1000ohm resistor to the same disarm wire and diode isolate the 2 wires. This will disarm and unlock the doors when the remote start is first activated and then when the engine begins cranking the doors will relock. I do the second option all the time with avital remote starts on alot of Hondas which work basically the same way
toby12188 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2011 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  
Awesome! Would the diode be like I drew it in the picture? Or since it's a negative pulse do I have it backwards?rx8 keysense as factory alarm disable? -- posted image.
I didn't do it. *nodnod*
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2011 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
You have it backwards. The stripe goes towards the remote start. You should also put one on the disarm wire, stripe towards the remote start as well
toby12188 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2011 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks!
I didn't do it. *nodnod*

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic