icon

2004 buick lesabre limited pass mirror

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
frankpc 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2011 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  

I am replacing a broken passenger side mirror in a 2004 Buick LeSabre Limited Edition.  The broken mirror had controls, turn signal, heat, and seat memory.

If the mirror I buy does not have seat memory, will the vehicle try to change its position with seat presets?

I would prefer to replace just the inside motor assembly and glass mirror assembly rather than replace the entire mirror enclusure since the enclosue and paint are OK.  Can I remove the glass assembly of a new unit without damaging the glass or its holder?

I have looked at Chilton online and know that all Buick LeSabres from 2000 to 2005 use the same wiring and 12 pin plug.  All of the pins are used in the old mirror.  But the Chilton schematic does not show what pins are used for the turn signal.  Does anyone know?

Thank you,

Frank

itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2011 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
2004 buick lesabre limited pass mirror -- posted image.
yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
itsyuk 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2011 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  
yuk
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.
itsyuk 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2011 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  

these should let you compare the actual wiring between cars with and without the memory option.

taken from the actual gm dvd repair data for a 2004 lesabre.

heat schematic is not included ib these diagrams. it has its own schematic.

yuk
frankpc 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2011 at 7:42 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks Itsyuk for taking the time to find and include these diagrams. 

You notice the turn signals are not shown in these schematics.  I have the diagram that shows the heat but I can't find one that shows the turn signal. I don't understand why the turn signal would be left off of the set of prints.

The pin assignments are the same with and without the memory option.  Also the full diagrams are identical (they are actually the same diagram) from 2000 to 2005 for the lesabre.

My concern is that if the processor in the car is setup for memory in mirrors, and the mirror is not equipped with memory, will the car processor move the mirrors in an attempt to "return" it to its proper position.

Also, I do not want to remove a good mirror from a replacement housing if the odds of doing so successfully are limited.

Thanks again for your time and efforts.

Frank

itsyuk 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2011 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
turn signals are part of the exterior lighting systems so they are on one of its schematics.
yuk
itsyuk 
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2011 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
here is the right side
yuk
frankpc 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2011 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  

WOW!!!

Thanks so much.  You found it.  I had looked at several years' of the lesabre.  Even looked at other models, but did not spot the turn signals in the mirrors.

Thanks again, I will study this.

Frank

frankpc 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2011 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  

I just went through every schematic that is in the online Chilton library for the 2004 Buick LeSabre, and that diagram does not show up.  I think it should be under Wiring Diagrams - Lighting - Exterior Lights.  But the only thing under that category is "Headlights/Daytime running lights".

Really strange since there is so much other detailed information insofar as electrical is concerned.

Thanks for providing the diagrams.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic