icon

rostra 250 1223

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cdminter55 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2011 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  

I have installed the Rostra 250-1223 on my 2008 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado. I would like information on measuring the pulse per mile of the Vehicle Speed Sensor.  I know the volt output is 0.6-4.8. What kind of meter or scope is needed to get the PPM. I need this reading to set the programming switches on the cruise unit accurately. I have posted on some motorcycle forums but the answer I get is to buy the magnetic pickup sensor. I do not want to spend more money on parts, I want to use what is installed on motorcycle. 

riley.aldrich 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2011 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  

I''ve used the rostra and the audiovox cruise control before on my array of bikes. The magnet inductor is always what I've used and for me is the best thing to use. On my last bike it was dead nuts on when engaged and worked like a top.

If  they are telling you to use a coil pickup, I would follow thier lead. You're better off going with the pick up coil, as it looks to be a cheap purchase to get what you are needing to use a cruise on a motorcycle.
The "meter or scope" you will need is 10-20 times more expensive than that part and would be less hassle for sure.

riley.aldrich 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2011 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  

I was telling a friend about this question and you're putting a cruise on a roadstar. He owns a Roadstar.

He was really interested in what you were doing. Said he was going to purchase a rostra kit and a magnet pickup and wanted to see if I'd help him do an install.
Rather than try to reinvent the wheel, do you have any pointers on doing this you could give us? Was it hard to find a place to put the electronics? Was there any problem with the brackets for the throttle?
Wiring I think I'm OK on, its just power, ground, the magnet pickup connection and a brake kill connection. Oh and switches.  I think. I would just need help with the mechanical part of it, which it sounds like you already have figured out.
We would appreciate working with you on this if you were up to it. Two heads working on it always seems better than one.
send me an email @gmail.com. The first part is my name just like it is below.
riley.aldrich

modyamaha 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2012 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  
Hi guys,
Sorry to bump up an old thread, but had some questions, hope to get some help.
I bought this cruise control: http://www.redline360.com/rostra-universal-aftermarket-cruise-control-250-1223 and this vss sensor: http://www.redline360.com/rostra-vss-speed-signal-250-4153
I was told this wouldn't work on my Roadstar, and that I would need the Audiovox. I can't find much of a difference, and am wondering if it's the same?
I think I installed it all correctly, but it's not working, the cruise doesn't set. I am wondering if I need to set the pulse.
Did you ever find out what PPM setting you needed?
thank you

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic