viper 5701 with fortin evo all

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
theghostman01 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2011 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all, sorry about my english iam french !! :D
To start my materials is alarm/starter viper 5701 , bypass module is fortin evo-all and my car is honda accord 2003.
I have all my diagram and picture of connector to connect from the fortin website.
BUT my problem is the connector d2d on the viper 5701 ... its a 4 wire connector and on my bypass module its a 4 wire connector but smaller on the bypass module.
viper 5701 with fortin evo all -- posted image.
my question is: can i cut the connector to make it fit the viper 5701 connector or it dont fit because its just not compatible with this alarm ??.
thank you very much and sorry about my text im making my possible.
ThE GhOsTmAn01
Satkunas 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2011 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Negative.
The Viper D2D is not the same communication as the Fortin 2-way Data-Link. Connect the EVO-ALL wire-to-wire (non data-link).
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2011 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
hardwire or w2w it. the data cable will not work as there are compatibility issues.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
theghostman01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2011 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you all for your info,after some search i found that i need the db-all bypass module.
I dont know if i can post another question about other subject in this topic but i will.
On my friend's car, i just installed a remote starter but i have some problem with the wire for the power lock/unlock.
I found the wires but they are negative one and the signal on the remote starter are negative too i dont know if i should use somes relay and how.
thank you very much for yours answers guys .
ThE GhOsTmAn01
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 6:03 AM / IP Logged  
The negative signal out of the alarm / remote start module are strong enough so no relays are necessary.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
the db-all will work but you already have the evo-all. just hardwire it as per manual, and you should have no problems.
Ted
Compustar Expert
theghostman01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
Hi offroadzj,
i dont know if the signal from my remote start if strong enough because when i press the button its making nothing.
But i know that is the good wire for the power unlock and power unlock because if a put a grounded wire to theses wires it unlock/lock the doors.
Then i dont know how to proceed and i know the remote start is running because its an old from my old car.
Just for your info the remote-start model is prostart ct-5400 tw.
Thank you for your reply.
ThE GhOsTmAn01
theghostman01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
Hi tedmond, about the db-all i am about to have ne at a very good price today then someone already want my evo-all....
But i think with the db-all i also need a data cable to conect from the db-all to the remote start.
Because in the installation info about the db-all i see a square with this part number :xkd2d65 its a d2d cable.
thank you all for your awnsers.
ThE GhOsTmAn01
tedmond 
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
the bypass db-all comes with the d2d cable already. it can be cut to be used for w2w if needed.
Ted
Compustar Expert
theghostman01 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2011 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, thank you Tedmond about theses presicions about this cable.
And about my power lock/unlock problem do you know how i can resolve that ?
ThE GhOsTmAn01
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic