icon

2010 Nissan Altima PTS Remote Start Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2011 at 4:37 AM / IP Logged  
The neutral safety is a must for all Nissan pts and intellikey. It is the last picture. There is a relay hooked up it is kinda hard to see in the picture. I diode isolated every negative output. Negative ignition, negative starter, arm, disarm, lock, unlock, and trunk release. There is also a diode on the neutral safety relay . I use compustar and there reasoning behind the diodes is that , internally in the remote start there are alot of common negatives. There just protecting the BCM.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2011 at 6:06 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds good. Thanks for the info!!! This post should help make this starter 100x easier. I was starting to wonder if I had made the right choice in taking on the task since I don't have anything backing me (I do all my starters on the side for some extra pocket money). But you have helped boost my confidence. Thanks again!!!
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2011 at 6:46 AM / IP Logged  
the EVO will help you save tons of time. nice piece to use for nissan/infinity pts
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2011 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  
it sounded like the best option. And looking over it, the instructions it includes are pretty well detailed as well.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2011 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
as mentioned in another thread, if you need a wire diagram with pics, i can send you a fortin wireguide tech sheet.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2011 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
very nice tutorial, you are to be commended for showing this, makes the install look a lot easier than it actually is lol
seriously great job man
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2011 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
Much appreciated. This tutorial is good for 08 and up Altima and 09 and up maxima. I'll try to do another pts tutorial on an Acura , Kia/Hyundai , or Toyota which ever I get first. But I work across the street from a Nissan so I always get them.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2011 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
Did you realise that most manual Euro Nissans (UK built) have a NSS (gear lever in neutral sensor)in the engine management from about 1998?
Are the US equivalents, Sentra and Alt the same? Check with your Nissan shop.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2011 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
Actually, I meant manual transmissions for obvious reasons, come to think of it if I had the pinouts and possibly colours for all engine and body managements I could do the bloody wiring in minutes, no more poking around in the engine bay.
offroadzj 
Posted: December 18, 2011 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
Metz: the only difference I'd make to the next tutorial is just to maybe give a quick label on the picture with the location of the component in the picture (ie the fusebox in the last picture). That way its easy to know exactly what you are looking at. The first few were fine b/c you showed the "zoomed out" view of the BCM behind the instrument cluster. But either way... keep them coming!
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic