the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 Nissan Altima PTS Remote Start Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2011 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
Looks like I'll be doing my 2010 Altima this evening. Went to Fortin's website for a last check for updated install manual on the EVO-All and they actually had a simplified install manual up. Gave them a call and it works with the hardware / firmware version bypass I have so I got everything prepped and we'll see what happens. I'll post up my findings. The only thing that is weird is that this new manual doesn't say anything about a parking light wire so I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to have to do there... possibly just a hardwire connection between the starter and the car.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2011 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
Parking lights are in the kick. Or you can use the parking light wiring diagram and do it at bcm.
metz35 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2011 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
2010 Nissan Altima PTS Remote Start Pictorial - Page 3 -- posted image.
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2011 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
I just went to the underdash fuse box for the lights. Then everything else was at the BCM. There was a 12v constant wire (about 12awg) that the EVO directions seemed to believe it was fine... and after a bunch of testing, it seemed to be fine. With everything through data, I can't imagine the amperage draw being much at all through the 12v input.
Everything seemed to work perfectly from the new EVO-ALL manual. It used the can high / low, and the RX/TX at the key insertion piece right on the knee bolster. It then used the brake 12v constant and switched input (for starting). Also checked for ability to start in all gears and it would only start in Park and Neutral... so no issues there either.
Everything went really smooth and it was possibly one of the easier cars I've done. Even the tach signal through the bypass was good.
Here is a link to the EVO-ALL manual... it made things way too easy.. lol:
EVO-ALL Nissan/Ininity Simplified Installaion Manual
The only thing that didn't work, but I didn't really mess around with much was the trunk release (through the bypass). My customer didn't really care about the trunk release so I didn't bother digging into it.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
id sean 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2011 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
I always push my customers towards the EVO-CAN or EVO-ALL since Fortin released there firmware version 4.0 for Nissan/Infiniti PTS . With the new firmware, you do not have to run any relays under the hood and most of the other connections are generally easier as well. Fortin claims it saves about an hour and a half on the install although that really depends on the installer. It certainly does save time and headaches though.
Sean McAuliffe
Sales Rep.
Installation Distributors
metz35 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2011 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
If its a manual you still have to run a starter wire to under the hood with EVO CAN
id sean 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2011 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
I had not run into that before but it looks like you are right.
Anyway for anyone who is interested here is a link to the guide. This type of install works for the EVO-CAN and the EVO-ALL. They do have different guides though.
https://ifar.ca/download/3834/preview.html
Sean McAuliffe
Sales Rep.
Installation Distributors
offroadzj 
Posted: December 20, 2011 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
I think that is the same as the one I posted above. It was definitely a great resource!
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2011 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
i took on a 2010 Nissan Juke today PTS and Smart key. took me 5h to do a full alarm/start. Unit installed was a viper 5902 and xpresskits DBALL all which came from the customer.
the DBALL isnt that great of a piece, instead i used an EVO series bypass and it worked out well.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2011 at 2:02 AM / IP Logged  
I did a UK equivalent to Onstar with a screen in one of those recently, once you stop worrying about how everything comes apart it's quite easy!
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic