icon

2010 Toyota Tacoma Remote Start Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dooododoo 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2015 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
I am looking for a factory fob 3X lock press remote start option. Will Tacoma 2015 start if I install only an EVO-ALL?
Toy Taco
iccor56 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2016 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
i am trying to wire up my 2008 tacoma and can not for the life of me find the connector with Tx and Rx.
can anyone point me in the right direction to find that connector?
joeschmuck 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2016 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
iccor56 wrote:
i am trying to wire up my 2008 tacoma and can not for the life of me find the connector with Tx and Rx.
can anyone point me in the right direction to find that connector?
Did you look and read the first page of the thread? The connector plugs into the ignition switch, assuming that your 2008 has similar wiring.
BTW, it took me several days of planning and taking a lot of things apart before I could wire in my Python remote but it was well worth the effort. The overall effort was several days and that is just because I wanted the installation to look professional.
iccor56 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2016 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
that is the first place i looked. no plug fits the the shown image, the install description or has unidentified use.
the main ignition plugs are a big double decker 12 gauge wire plug and a double decker small wire plug with like 20 connections.
joeschmuck 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2016 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  
Unfortunately I don't think I'll be of much help. It's honestly been quite a while since I've taken my truck apart.
What engine bypass unit are you using? Have you checked their site to ensure you have the proper wiring diagrams for it? Also do they offer a support line so they can explain where to connect it? It could be in that small wire connector you mentioned but the immobilizer device should give you detailed instructions on where to connect it to, unless you are in my shoes and bought something that was intended for a professional installation and they give you no instructions.
Lastly, I looked up the wiring diagrams for a 2006 Tacoma (because that is part of what I used) and it's the same as the 2009 (which I have). So I'm not sure why you can locate the wires. Take more apart!
Here is a link to the ECU wiring diagram
http://www.customtacos.com/tech.old/files/05FSM/data/ileaf/06toyewd/06toypdf/ewd/2006/tacoma/h/em01d5.pdf
Sorry, I don't mean to sound condescending or anything. Look harder, remove the ignition switch completely to ensure you didn't miss some hidden wires, and check the immobilizer company for help.
Good Luck!
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic