icon

03 honda crv avital 4103 and ads dlsl ha

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
12voltboy 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  

I have done eight Remote Start installs but haven’t done one several years. Back in the day I hard wired everything. Am impressed with the modern bypass modules and am going to try one. Have a few questions.

2003 Honda CRV. Plan to use an Avital 4103lxl with an idatlink ADS-DLSL-HA. I chose this ADS model because it is a solo series and should be good to go. Will be connecting via W2W.

ADS calls for a GWR wire. On the 4103 is this the orange ground when locked?

ADS calls for trunk out. On 4103 is this RED / white channel 2 output?

From there I will follow ADS wiring and from the 4103 hook up 12V, Ground, Brake, Hood Pin, Parking Light, Horn and I may also do rear defroster.

Sure seems easy. Have I missed anything? – Any reason I should chose different equipment? Thanks in advance.

There are absolutely only two kind of people in the world – Those who absolutely believe there are only two kind of people in the world and those who don’t.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
The GWR is a blue wire in the 4 pin satellite relay harness (ground when running; NOT ground when armed). Yes, the trunk output is RED / white in the main harness.
You will still need to connect all of your main heavy gauge ignition wires. I believe that vehicle has 2 accessory wires and both need to be powered for the heater blower to work. The bypass should control the locks and factory alarm controls. So the rest of what you have should be right.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
12voltboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  

OK, I see that now, it is called the 200mA status output

Then I’ll go:
Pink ignition output to CRV White ignition harness
Purple Starter to BLACK/ white starter
Orange accessory to BLACK/ red accessory
Pink/white programmable ignition 2 output programmed to accessory to CRV second accessory WHITE/ red.

Of Course will do 12V in straight to the battery w/30A fuse, all soldered, no t-taps.

If you see any other mistakes, please let me know.

Kenny (offroadzj) thanks you so much for the lightening fast response. Your help is sooooo appreciated.

There are absolutely only two kind of people in the world – Those who absolutely believe there are only two kind of people in the world and those who don’t.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  

Looking good so far.  Using an iDatalink module is good.  Going W2W is good.  Soldering all connections is good.  03 honda crv avital 4103 and ads dlsl ha -- posted image.

Heat shrink tube where possible, Scotch Super 33+ everywhere else. 

One last thought, run a Tach wire to the test connector and program the Avital to Tach Mode ( Menu2, Item1, Opt4 ).

Virtual Tach is not 100% reliable and cold weather does affect Honda's.

Soldering is fun!
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
You should be able to get your 12v constant at the ignition switch. I believe it will be a heavy enough gauge wire.
Here is the wiring info for that car:
DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - HONDA / CRV / 2003 / Remote Start
[PRINT THIS PAGE]
12volts      white      +      ignition harness
Starter      BLACK/ white      +      ignition harness
Second Starter      N/A           
Ignition      BLACK / YELLOW      +      ignition harness
Second Ignition      N/A           
Third Ignition      N/A           
Accessory      BLACK/ red      +      ignition harness
Second Accessory      WHITE/ red      +      ignition harness
Keysense      RED / white      -      ignition harness
Power Lock      WHITE/ blue      -      gray plug above driver kick
Power Unlock      WHITE/ green      -      gray plug above driver kick
Lock Motor      yellow/black      5wi      gray plug above driver kick
Unlock Motor      YELLOW /GREEN      5wi      gray plug above driver kick
Parking Lights+      RED / black      +      driver kick panel
Parking Lights-      blue      -      factory alarm plug
Notes: The factory alarm plug is a green plug to the left of the steering column.
Hazards      same as turn signals           
Turn Signal(L)      GREEN/ red      +      steering column
Turn Signal(R)      GREEN/ YELLOW      +      steering column
Reverse Light      GREEN/ black      +      fuse box, 18 pin plug, pin 1
Door Trigger      green & lt. GREEN/ red      -      factory alarm plug
Notes: The driver door trigger is green, and lt. GREEN/ red catches all the other doors. Use both and diode isolate each.
The factory alarm plug is a green plug to the left of the steering column.
Dome Supervision      comes on with unlock           
Trunk/Hatch Pin      GREEN / WHITE & red      -      factory alarm plug
Notes: The GREEN / WHITE is for the hatch glass pin switch, and the red is for the tailgate pin switch.
The factory alarm plug is a green plug to the left of the steering column.
Hood Pin      yellow/red      -      factory alarm plug
Notes: The factory alarm plug is a green plug to the left of the steering column.
Trunk/Hatch Release      BLACK / YELLOW      -      gray plug above driver kick
Power Sliding Door      N/A           
Factory Alarm Arm                 
Factory Alarm Disarm                 
Disarm No Unlock                 
Tachometer      blue      ac      test connector
Notes: The test connector is next to the battery.
Wait to start      N/A           
Brake Wire      WHITE/ black      +      brake pedal switch
Parking Brake      GREEN/ orange      -      parking brake switch
Horn Trigger      orange      -      factory alarm plug
Memory Seat 1      N/A           
Memory Seat 2      N/A           
Memory Seat 3      N/A           
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
12voltboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
Will do – is it the blue tach test wire next to the battery to violet/white tach input (programmed).
Do I learn the virtual tach first and then hook this up after, or do I hook up and program the RS right off, before the first start?
12voltboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the wiring info. Better, more info, than what I had.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
Wire Avital to iDatalink on bench.  Install assy in vehicle ( including Tach wire connection ).  Plug in fuses.  Program ADS bypass to vehicle.  Try locks.  Program Avital for Tach Mode and Flex Relay = ACC2.  Do Tach Learn process.  Try a remote start.
Soldering is fun!
12voltboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  

One more question - does the "hood Pin" yellow/red sense when the hood is opened? Can I use it and then won't need to install the mechanical one that comes with the unit?

kreg357 
Posted: January 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  

Verify Blue Tach wire with Digital Multi Meter.  Set to 20V A/C.  Connect Black lead to chassis ground and Red lead to suspect Blue wire.  At idle, reading should be1 to 6 volts and rise slightly with RPM's.

Test Hood Pin wire with DMM to be sure.  It should show open with hood closed and ground when hood is raised.  Set DMM to 20V DC.  Red lead to +12V and black lead to sustect hood pin wire.  DMM should show 0V with hood closed and +12v with hood open.  That is what the Avital is looking for.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic