icon

cx2300 a remote start alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
roofoo 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2012 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I am installing this CX2300 A remote start alarm. I am having trouble getting the engine to remote start. I tried setting the crank time through the remote but every time the engine will just start to crank for half a sec then stop. It won't actually start the car. Any suggestions?
roofoo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2012 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
Just so you know, this is an 05 Scion xA automatic. I don't believe I need a bypass because there is not a chip in the key. The instructions are confusing because it says to put the key in the ON position, lower and lift the e-brake, then remove the key. Then arm the alarm, and press the remote start. When I do this, I can hear the starter crank for a fraction of a second, then nothing happens.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2012 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
I'm almost positive that car does not require a bypass. Did you connect the tach wire? it sounds like the unit you have is designed for a manual transmission (hence the sequence). Is there a way to make it for just an automatic and not have to go through all that stuff?
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
roofoo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2012 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
Yes I connected the tach wire to the black wire in the gauge cluster harness. I've not tried disconnecting the tach wire and starting. I'm also having an issue with my door trigger, it doesn't set off the alarm when a door is opened. Could this be part of the issue? See my post here for more info on that.
http://www.scionlife.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3964849&postcount=26
rc200 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2012 at 3:43 AM / IP Logged  
I can help you, really, but seems you have many troubles. Start by sorting one problem at a time, from the easiest to the toughest.
Door detection should be easy. Check with multimeter if it's tied to ground (90% of the cases) or to 12V when the door is opened, and wire accodingly.
Regarding remote start, it seems you meet the conditions for remote start (handbrake on, engine stopped in the right way previously), otherwise it would even not crank.
That's strange because in my case, the lowest setting 0:6 (cranking pulse time) cranks my car more than half a second (I would say 1-1.5s).
Give it a try with 0:9 or even 1:2
Don't use tachometer wire for the moment (so configure accordingly), take it easy fisrt.
200sx, 300zx, S4.
Carvox CX2300a mods:
_RF range extended (>5kms)
_interfaced with GPS106B tracker
_hacked
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2012 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged  
Door trigger all doors, go to the wire at the domelight or at the fuse box that switches to ground when door is opened, stays on ground for X seconds till domelight shuts down or immediately doors are locked.
Tach either your location, colour seems correct or OBD LL data socket, pin 9.
It's either a tach not programmed or a by-pass (if needed) problem.
Does it R/S if you leave the key in the ignition, also is the key sense wire connected?
roofoo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2012 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  
I'm at work now so I can't check the door trigger wire til I get home. As far as a keysense wire, there is no wire on the alarm to connect to that. Is that needed anyway since my car has no immobilizer? When I get home I will try to "tach learn" the unit again, and then if that still doesn't work I will try tachless mode to see if it will start. The instructions are very strange. I highlighted in yellow the part that doesn't make sense.
https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/cx2300usermanual17.jpg
Thanks!
rc200 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2012 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
roofoo wrote:
The instructions are very strange. I highlighted in yellow the part that doesn't make sense.
https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/560/cx2300usermanual17.jpg
They are not. This is the "first time after install" remote start procedure. A kind of safety procedure to be sure all the wiring is correct (particularly handbrake or gear neutral depending on your wiring).
Failing this step, you will not be able to remote start after having closed the door with the remote.
But again you told us the starter craked, so .... at least the CX2300 is trying to start. If conditions were not met, it would not even try to crank.
200sx, 300zx, S4.
Carvox CX2300a mods:
_RF range extended (>5kms)
_interfaced with GPS106B tracker
_hacked
roofoo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2012 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
What I'm confused about is the instructions don't say to start the engine, just turn the key to on. How can it learn the tach if the engine doesn't run? cx2300 a remote start alarm -- posted image.
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2012 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds to me that you missed one of the two ignition wires
Page of 10

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic