icon

2002-2007 Trailblazer Remote Start Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kazp3rr 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2012 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
So after cursing myself out for nearly 10 minutes...I think I've got my head back on straight. Turns out, I spent countless hours trying to diagnose the problem, checked the fuse box numerous times (both of them) and somehow, each time I checked them, I missed fuse #31 for the Truck Body Controller...I think livid would be an understatement as to my mindset when I replaced the blown fuse and all my interior lights came on, and truck started right up. Only thing wrong now, is I get no throttle response, Reduced Engine Power light is on...checked the Electronic Throttle Control fuse, don't seem to be any issues with the harness at the throttle body.
sorry for all the hassle over a single fuse...lesson learned though, pen and paper with a checklist is the only way to make 110% sure you checked every single thing.
dcmtnbkr 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2012 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
Does the bcm need to be powered during r/s? The reason i ask is because i would rather my radio and wipers stay off while the vehicle is warming up, as i dont want to break my wipers if i leave them on and they freeze, and i dont want to wake up the neighbors with my subs. It seems like the best way to make sure they stay off is to not connect the acc2 wire, but obviously i cannot do that if the bcm is required.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2012 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
Can't hurt to give it a try and leave the Brown ACC2 wire un-powered during a remote start.  During post-install testing, you can check to see if the Heat, A/C and fans work properly.  Then check to see if the radio and wipers are in-operative.  Even better, iIf you have a hand held OBD2 scanner you can verify the absence of codes before and after install to be sure. 
Soldering is fun!
dcmtnbkr 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2012 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:
Can't hurt to give it a try and leave the Brown ACC2 wire un-powered during a remote start.  During post-install testing, you can check to see if the Heat, A/C and fans work properly.  Then check to see if the radio and wipers are in-operative.  Even better, iIf you have a hand held OBD2 scanner you can verify the absence of codes before and after install to be sure. 
Good point, i didnt even think of using my obd2 scanner to check for errors. Thanks for the input.
dcmtnbkr 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2012 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  
Hooked it up without the acc2 connected and it worked like a charm. Radio and wipers stayed off, everything else was running.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2012 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
That's great!  Thanks for the update.  What year?  Any codes logged?  Heat and A/C work OK? 
Soldering is fun!
dcmtnbkr 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2012 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
2004. I just thought of this, the radio in mine is triggered from the wiper fuse (aftermarket stereo thing specific to this vehicle) So im not sure if the brown acc2 controls the radio or not. Even if it doesn't, i'd still rather not have the wipers turn on. No codes so far, climate control works perfectly.
kreg357 
Posted: December 24, 2012 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
Good info.  Thanks!  2002-2007 Trailblazer Remote Start Pictorial - Page 6 -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
lucasoil4u 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2013 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
Glad to hear everything worked out as planned!
stevieb_wv 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2014 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
I hope the OP is still around on this and I know this is an old thread. I have a question regarding this install. I have a very similar setup on a 2002 Trailblazer with 6 high current wires just like the Ultra Start 1272.    2 12V constant, 1 IGN, 1 ACC. 1 Start, and 1 selectable for either Start2, ACC2, or IGN2. According to my manual and the UltraStart manual, these 6 wires are identical.
How are 6 wires being connected to 7 locations as indicated in the picture?
I know that there was some discussion of ACC2 not being needed, and it is set to default to IGN2 but it can't be IGN2 AND ACC2 at the same time.
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic