icon

2006 pt cruiser dei viper 350+

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
somersetelec 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2012 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  

2006 PT Cruiser - Base, has power door locks but no keyless entry - Need BCM Harness Wiring Diagram or Color Codes with discriptions please.  Also recommended wiring diagram to add keyless entry using the DEI Viper 350+.

Thanks,

Marty

Marty
Somerset Electronics
Serving Those Who Serve
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2012 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
The locks on that car are not the easiest in the world. What wires do you have coming out of the Viper for locks?
Here is the vehicle information for keyless entry:
DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - CHRYSLER / PT CRUISER / 2006 / Keyless Entry
[PRINT THIS PAGE]
12volts      red (10A)      +      ignition harness
Starter      pink/lt. blue      +      ignition harness
Ignition      pink/white      +      ignition harness
Power Lock      lt. GREEN/ dk. green      -      DKP or cluster, conn. 2, pin 18
Notes: Lock is negative trigger thru a 1000 ohm resistor. Unlock is negative trigger thru a 249 ohm resistor. MUST use relays.
Power Unlock      same as power lock wire           
Lock Motor      tan/dk. blue      5wi      DKP or cluster, conn. 1, pin 9
Unlock Motor      tan/dk. green      5wi      DKP or cluster, conn. 1, pin 5
Parking Lights+      WHITE/ purple      +      driver kick, harness to rear
Parking Lights-      (LIN data bus)           
Hazards      (LIN data bus)           
Turn Signal(L)      WHITE/ dk. green      +      driver kick, harness to rear
Turn Signal(R)      WHITE/ yellow      +      passenger kick, harness to rear
Door Trigger      see notes      -      each kick or cluster, conn. 2
Notes: The LF door is tan to purple in pin 3. The RF door is tan/red to PURPLE / white in pin 11. The LR door is tan/orange to PURPLE / gray in pin 5. The RR door is tan / YELLOW to purple / YELLOW in pin 6. Use all four wires and diode isolate each.
Dome Supervision      yellow/white      +      DKP or cluster, conn. 2, pin 4
Trunk/Hatch Release      tan/lt. green or tan/dk. green      -      DKP or cluster, conn. 3, pin 13
Notes: On the convertible models, the trunk release wire is at the switch in the glovebox or at the cluster, conn. 3, pin 13.
On the wagon models, meter this wire while opening the hatch from the handle on the rear hatch.
The trunk/hatch release motor wire is tan / YELLOW (+) in the driver kick or at the cluster, conn. 1, pin 4.
Power Sliding Door      N/A           
Factory Alarm Arm      arms on lock with door open           
Factory Alarm Disarm      factory remote only           
Disarm No Unlock      with ign, keysense, Sentry Key           
Horn Trigger      dk. GREEN/ purple      -      switch or cluster, conn. 3, pin 10

Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
somersetelec 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2012 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  

Thank you for your quick reply!

Primary Harness (H1) Wiring Diagram

H 1/1     Orange (-) 500 mA Armed Output

H 1/2     White    (+) /(-) Selectable Light Flash Output

H 1/3     WHITE/ Blue         (-) 200mA Channel 3 Programmed Output

H 1/4     BLACK/ White       (-) 200 mA Domelight Supervision Output

H 1/5     Green   (-) Door Trigger Input, Zone 3

H 1/6     Blue       (-) Instant Trigger Input, Zone 1

H 1/7     Violet    (+) Door Trigger Input, Zone 3

H 1/8     Black      (-) Chassis Ground Input

H 1/9     Yellow   (+) Switched Ignition Input, Zone 5

H 1/10   Brown   (+) Siren Output

H 1/11   Red        (+) Constant Power Input (Battery)

H 1/12   RED / White          (-) 200 mA Channel 2 Output

Door Lock Harness (H2), 3-PIN Connector

H 2/A     Green   (-) Lock, (+) Unlock Output

H 2/B     Empty   Unless Using 451M

H 3/C     Blue       (-) Unlock, (+) Lock Output

The Intallation Manual instructs me to refer to DEI Door Lock Wiring Guide (Document No. 1041)  Which I downloaded from this site.  It looks like I have multiplex (Single Wire) but I am not sure if it is positive (+) or Negative (-) multiplex (Types G and H on pages 9 and 10 in document 1041)  I did however order DEI 451M Relay Module (Basically it is two SPST Relays in one)  and it will come in tomorrow.  I got the 451M module to make the install a cleaner install (Less Wires to hide)

Also, I included the Primary Harness because I would like to know your recommendations for Door Trigger Input and Parking Lamp Output.  I saw a drawing on this site showing how to use the positive Siren Output to trigger the Parking Lamp as well.  I am guessing I would interface to the vehicle via the Parking Lamps (+) WHITE/ Purple Wire (T Tap)

Again, Thanks so much for your help!

Marty

Marty
Somerset Electronics
Serving Those Who Serve
offroadzj 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2012 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
To connect the door locks it is a (-) multiplex system. With the 451m:
Violet/black - ground
GREEN/ black - lt GREEN/ dark green wire through 1000 ohm resistor
Blue/black - lt GREEN/ darm green wire through 249 ohm resistor
WHITE/ black - no connection
BROWN / black - no connection
* You don't have to have the resistors exactly as listed. When it comes to resistors, you USUALLY have a 10% buffer zone to work with.
The LF door trigger is tan to purple in pin 3. The RF door is tan/red to PURPLE / white in pin 11. The LR door is tan/orange to PURPLE / gray in pin 5. The RR door is tan / YELLOW to purple / YELLOW in pin 6. Use all four wires and diode isolate each. (1n4004 diodes)
Parking Lights+      WHITE/ purple      +      driver kick, harness to rear. Don't use the siren output. You have a dedicated parking light output (White H1/2). Just make sure to set the jumper to + output.
Finally, you mentioned a t-tap in your post. DO NOT use t-taps! They will eventually cause a world of hurt on your installation. When used on high current wires, you run the risk of melting the t-tap. In addition, the vibrations of the vehicle can cause the t-tap to fully cut through the wire. Strip, poke, twist, solder, and tape all connections with a good high quality tape (3M Super33 or better).
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
somersetelec 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2012 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for your help.  That is exactly what I needed.  You da man!
Marty
Somerset Electronics
Serving Those Who Serve
somersetelec 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2012 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  

OK ... I may be kinda slow ...LOL  After looking at what you said just have a couple questions ...

To make sure I understand correctly,  Example:  LF door trigger is tan to purple in pin 3 ... I see that Pin 3 in the Cluster C2 20 Way Connector is Violet or Purple and it is for the LF door ajar switch sense....but what is the TAN Wire?   The Viper 350+ Primary (H1)  harness has two choices + door trigger which is violet and - door trigger which is Green.  Do I use Positive or Negitive door trigger?  Or does the 451M include door triggers?  If that is the case it makes sense, but I wouldn't know because I haven't received it yet.  It comes in tomorrow.

And in all these connections I am "Tapping" into the circuit?   And yes I will not use T-Taps.

Marty
Somerset Electronics
Serving Those Who Serve
offroadzj 
Posted: February 21, 2012 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
When a diagram says "Tan to Violet" or similar, it means that the color of the wire changes as it goes through the connector. So on one side of the connector it may be tan, and on the other side it may be violet. To connect your door triggers, you need to connect a short length of wire to each of the wires listed for the door triggers, then connect a diode to each length of wire with the white band facing away from the factory wiring (towards the Viper). Then solder and tape those connections so they do not connect to eachother. Finally, twist the other ends of the diodes together and solder that to the (-) door trigger input of the Viper. A diode is basically a 1 way valve for electricity. If you were to just connect all 4 door triggers together without the diodes, they would backfeed into each other. The diodes prevent the 4 wires from backfeeding.
Yes, other than the starter wire (if you are connecting the starter disable relay) all of your connections will just "T" into the factory wiring. Strip the insulation back, poke a hole through the center of the factory wire, insert the new wire, twist, solder, and tape with a good quality electrical tape.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
somersetelec 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2012 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks .... wasn't sure about the change of color .... I know what a diode is and how it works ... but I can understand how you would think that, I wasn't thinking about both sides of the connector.  Thanks for all your help.
Marty
Somerset Electronics
Serving Those Who Serve
offroadzj 
Posted: February 21, 2012 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry. I try to assume that nobody knows anything so that I don't catch someone off guard who has no idea what I'm talking about... haha.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
somersetelec 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2012 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Kenny,

I have another question for you; I am having trouble locating the BCM Harness.  I understand it is part of the cluster Harness and it is identified as Cluster C2.   From everything I am reading, it should be located behind the Drivers Kick Panel.  I have found Three Connectors there.  Two look like there are two 40 pin connectors and one is 20.  According to the drawing I have, it indicates that the C2 is a 20 pin connector.   One would think, no problem the C2 is the 20 pin connector.  This is what I thought until I looked closer.   The 20 pin connector nor do the other connectors have the color of the wires that are indicated in my drawing.  The drawing I have matches the colors that you recommended for me to splice into.  The 20 pin connector and one of the 40 pin connectors join together for one harness and go thru the fire wall.  Both of these connectors are actually high under the dash directly above the drivers kick panel.  The other 40 pin connector is close to the floor, one end looks like it is coming from the cluster and the other end is going aft along the rocker panel.  I am thinking that must be the BCM Harness.  But as I said, none of the colors match up.  Look at the examples below:

Here is an example:  The LF door trigger is tan to purple in pin 3.  There is no solid purple wire in any of the wiring I have found.  I have found tan wires but they don’t transition to purple
Another Example:  the Door Lock using 451M;  GREEN/ Black - LT GREEN/ Dark Green wire through 1000 ohm resistor
Blue/black - LT GREEN/ Dark Green wire through 249 ohm resistor …. No LT GREEN/ Dark Green wire to be found.  Now I know I am getting old, but I'm not color blind.  LOL
All that just to ask, where is the harness that I will be splicing into?
Also, the parking lamps will be on a different harness?

Marty
Somerset Electronics
Serving Those Who Serve
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic