the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 Toyota Sienna Remote Start Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2012 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  

2005 Sienna LE Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial

This year Sienna does not have one touch start or built in Anti-Grind.  As with most

Toyota's the Factory FOB's are shut off while the engine is running.  This was a U.S.
market vehicle and had a transponder immobilizer system.  No Factory Alarm system
was present.  While some wiring guides group the 2004 - 2007 Sienna's as the same,
there have been some differences found, especially at the ECM.

There are many good bypass modules available for this vehicle.  For this install, a

DEI XK05 flashed with PKTI firmware was used.  Popular choices for DIY'ers are :
Fortin Key-Override-All
DEI PK-ALL
iDatalink ADS TBSL TI or ADS TBSL KO

Disassembly:

Remove the Drivers Kick Panel by spinning off the one fastener, lifting the leading edge of
the drivers sill trim and pulling the kick panel out, back and away.

2005 Toyota Sienna Remote Start Pictorial -- posted image.

Remove the two 10mm bolts at each bottom corner of the Drivers Lower Dash Panel.  Pull the

panel straight back.  There are 3 snap fasteners along the top edge.
Remove the metal knee plate by removing the four 10mm bolts.

Remove the steering column cover ( both halves ) by positioning the steering in the 3 o'clock

and 9 o'clock positions and removing the Phillips screws.  Fully extend the telescoping steering
wheel, gently separate the two halves and remove.

Here is a picture of the underside of the steering column.

Here are the ignition wires.

Here is the Keysense connector.

This is a top view of the steering column, over the ignition cylinder, of the transponder connector.

Below is the transponder connector unplugged with the wires marked.

Here is the Headlight connector.

Below is the Horn wire.

Below are the lock wires in the Driver's Kick Panel.

As noted, the Unlock wire requires a double pulse to unlock all the doors.  If your R/S can't do this

or you prefer a single unlock pulse, below is a Unlock All wire in the Passenger Kick Panel.

If your Sienna has power sliding doors & power rear hatch and your R/S system is capable, here

is a picture of the necessary wires.

This is a picture of the Brake wire at the brake pedal connector.

The ECM located behind the glove box has a Tach signal wire.  To remove the glove box, release

this damper located on the right side of the glove box, then press in at both sides of the box while
opening further.

For improved access, you can also remove the upper mini-box by opening the door and pulling it

straight out of it's mounting recess.  Below is a picture of the ECM.

This is a picture of the Tach wire, BLACK/ Orange, top plug, Pin 5

Here is a convenient firewall pass-thru grommet for the hood pin.

Bonus wire : Rear Defrost.  Located in the pictured connector at the upper left of the fuse box.

If you want, you can use a F.I. wire as the Tach source.  Remove the engine cover by removing the

three Allen head nuts shown and lifting the cover off ( two latching clips at center ).

Here is a photo of a F.I. connector with the "uncommon" wire marked.

Soldering is fun!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2012 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
Very nice, just a technical note for anyone doing one of these for all bar North America, you will use the direction indicators rather than lights, go to the good quality photo (actually they are ALL good!) of the plug showing lights connection on the bottom row.
Look at the top row, right hand side from the right pins 1` and 3, GREEN/ black and GREEN/ YELLOW, both pos.
Alternatively, back of hazard switch, most late Toyotas grounding one of the leads for the length of time grounded, i.e. NOT latched, will activated the hazards.
If you split your (DEI) white lead do it via 2 x 1N5404 diodes.
They come with all the units for Europe.
acosta1980 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2012 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  

VERY GOOD JOB BODY2005 Toyota Sienna Remote Start Pictorial -- posted image.

losminos n.c
mduong25 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2014 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
Do you know if we will need relays to drive the L/R sliding doors? What about relays for the trunk latch and rear defrost? Can you post a diagram of how the relays should be wired? I have a 2004 sienna. thank you so much!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2014 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  

All of the item's you mentioned require only a low current ( 200mA ) (-) output signal to actuate.  Not sure of the brand

and model of remote start system you intend to use, but most of them have that type of output for the Trunk Release,
2nd Unlock or AUX outputs.  The Rear Defrost needs a Latched signal.  That is an output that remains (-) for a set period
of time.  A example would be an Avital 4103 system and it's BLUE/WHITE  (-) 200mA 2ND STATUS/REAR DEFOGGER OUTPUT. 
That wire is programmable to Defrost and can be set for either a single 1 second pulse output or a 10 minute Latched output.

The rear hatch unlocks with the doors.  The Yellow/Red wire shown above is for van's that have the Power Rear Hatch option.

Soldering is fun!
mordechai 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2015 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
I'm installing an avital 4103 on 2010 sienna it has a heavy gauge accessory wire do i connect it directly to the pink thin wire? also it doesn't have a transponder so how do i overrride   the immobilizer?
kreg357 
Posted: February 22, 2015 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  

Toyota has been mixing in thin wires with the thick ignition wires for a while.  The newer Toyota's have some very thin ignition wires.

Your Avital 4103 has 30 Amp ignition outputs.  While it can be difficult  ( and look strange ), you can connect these thick wires directly
to the vehicles' thin wires.  I purchased several roll's of 16 gauge stranded wire with various color insulation ( Blue, Red, Yellow, Pink,
Green, White, Violet are the more common colors ) that I use in these applications.  I cut the thick wire within 2 inches of the R/S plug
and solder the similar color 16 gauge wire on ( insulating with heat shrink tube ) to make the connection at the ignition switch.  Makes
for a nice, neat install.

Soldering is fun!
mordechai 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2015 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
thanks man
aserynoum 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2016 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks so much for this pictorial. Im installing one on mine and i used your help, but im facing a few problems. Would mean a lot if you could check out my thread, thanks!
ojavery 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2016 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
Wow,great tutorial! Can I get some help? I'm installing a crimestopper rs4g5 with a fortin evo ride. I have the fortin hooked up, that seemed surprisingly easy. I have what I need hooked up on the 12 wire of the cs now I know where to hook the tach . Now I have a 3 wire low currant plug(red). Blue/orange is start, or/wht is add,sign,aux2 and green is start activation. I don't have a push button start so do i need these? If so where should I hook them up? Now the locks, my instructions say there are 3 types of lock wiring, are toyotas neg trigger? Now the high currant 6 pin connector. Reds are obvious, straight to battery. Brown is starter power( power while cranking) where should I go with that? Grey wire is add, first key on and drops while cranking. Where should I go with this? Pink wire, ign output. Turns on in position 2 and stays on while cranking. Where do I go with this? Pink/wht wire. Multi function output, can be used for 2nd ign ,acc, or starter. What should I use this for? I have power sliders I would like to use. Thanks in advance for your help, I reallyappriciate it!!
o.j..
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic