icon

2009 seat ibiza wiring for car alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lysfys 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2012 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
hello as the title says i need the vehicle wiring to install an alarm in this car if someone can help thanks in advance
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2012 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
Use and install as 2009 Golf/Jetta, since I hate them (French, Spanish Italian, build quality and electrics)I'm not sure whether this is Polo based or Golf based. If Golf based, there you go, check in Wiki.
lysfys 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2012 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
thanks a lot i will check
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2012 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  
Actually it's closer to the Euro Polo.
Bare with me a couple of days and I will give you all the tech info.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2012 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
Now in Downloads/Manual section on this site, enter Seat Ibiza 2009.
Note 1. There's a mistake on their lists, they list the indicators as WHITE/ black and BLACK/ green, actually they are BLACK/ white and BLACK/ green.
If you would rather use lights, check the grey wires at the light switch, though if yours is a European vehicle, indicators will look better.
Note 2. They list the trunk/hatch pin, it needs diode blocking, between your joint and the front of the car, 1N4004 diode, band towards the joint.
Also under the hood, BLACK/ green but be careful, on the Polo one is the hood switch the other the direction indicator wire so TEST(also same colour as Polo, NOT listed on the info, trace back from the switch in the hood shut, again the same diode, this time between the joint to your wire and the car this time, again band towards the joint. Not needed on the dome though.*
Lastly depending on the alarm, if you have a 2 wire low neg output for lock and unlock you will need relays to drive through the required resistor. Not needed if you have a 6 wire relay driven lock output.
This vehicle has a sleeper circuit. Hatch and hood triggers go to the BCM as inputs and need diodes to prevent "wake-up" spikes triggering the alarm. The dome light is on the BCM output and doesn't need the diode.
lysfys 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2012 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
ok thanks howie!!
glenpring 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2014 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
hi any chance that the wiring is the same for a seat ibiza 2003? i need to disconnect the hazard light from the alarm as they go off all the time. until i can afford to get it sorted properly.
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2014 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
Look for the factory alarm module, probably black to the right of steering column, 2 plugs cut off the BLACK/ green and BLACK/ white adjacent wires.
Test before boxing up.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic