icon

2011 Hyundai Sonata Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shermer321 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2014 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
Newbie here... I have stared at every post on this thread and I have a few questions. First off, I have a 2011 Sonata GLS (w/ key) with factory US alarm system. I am looking to install the Viper 4806V with remote start and un/lock abilities.
So, are all the wires (exception of unlock system) just spliced or "T"d into? Nothing cut.
With the unlock system, like above, do I follow page 1 in the tech tip 1300? What is the Dome Light supervision or lock detection wire, or is there an alternate way of doing this?
Lastly, any relays or diodes I may need for just the remote start portion?
Appreciate the help!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2014 at 5:14 AM / IP Logged  

Yes, all of your necessary connections will be just a tap or T type connection.  No need to cut any wires.

Your system can only unlock the doors while the engine is remote started.  I would follow the TechTip 1300 and make the

connection to the two wires shown using diodes.  The relay is only necessary for Lock/Arm control.  Wire info below :
Orange (key unlock); Brown (detect)(Tech Doc 1300)         both (-)       @ dash fuse box, white 24 pin plug (D), pins 16, 22

I don't think Dome Light Supervision will be needed.  Check to see if the interior lights come on with an Unlock command.

You won't need any relays for the remote start install.  The Viper can directly handle the Sonata's Starter, Ignition and two

Accessory wires.  You can make direct connections to the (+) Brake, (-) Horn, (-) Hood Pin, (-) Parking Lights and (AC)Tach
wires.  You can also program the Vipers Blue/White 2nd Status / Defroster output to defrost pulse and directly connect that
wire to the Defrost wire shown in the Pictorial.

There will be some required Viper option programming.  Never tried that with a one button remote, so not sure how difficult

that will be.  If you borrow a BitWriter, it will make that aspect of the install very easy.

Soldering is fun!
shermer321 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2014 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
After doing lot more research I definitely think I got the hang of this. Only question is now that I switched to a remote start with lock capabilities (4806V), What wires I need to hit to re-arm and lock.
1. If Orange (disarm) and Brown (disarm) needs a double pulse to unlock (with diodes), then how does the Tech 1300 document work? That would only pulse the orange wire and the brown (detection) would stay closed.
2. To lock, I need to disrupt the brown (detection) with the relay and the (-) lock function of the Viper module, and apply (-) to yellow to lock?
3. Lastly, is the key sense wire required for any function?
Thanks for the help! I have already learned a ton.
sceva2 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2014 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
I am not an expert, but on my install I followed the Tech 1300 instructions, then programmed the Viper to always send a double pulse for unlock, and lock and unlock worked perfectly.
shermer321 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2014 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
Can I ask what color you used for each one called out in the diagram?
I assume brown is the lock detection wire, yellow arm and orange the disarm?
So on unlock only orange gets pulsed, and tying the orange and brown together to pulse is not required?
shermer321 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2014 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
I assume brown is the lock detection wire, yellow arm and orange the disarm? What is the purpose of the Domelight Sup?
So on unlock only orange gets pulsed, and tying the orange and brown together to pulse is not required?
sceva2 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2014 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
shermer321 wrote:
I assume brown is the lock detection wire, yellow arm and orange the disarm?
I found a nice site with a great wiring diagram with colors and pin numbers (although you should always test your wires to confirm first) at ReadyRemote
shermer321 wrote:
What is the purpose of the Domelight Sup?
I don't know the purpose, but I believe the car wire is in the BCM above the gas pedal on the white 18 pin plug, pin 4, the yellow black wire. This connects to the relay per Tech doc 1300, and to the Viper 24-pin connector-#4-dome light output
shermer321 wrote:
I am not quite following you - here are my notes I wrote while doing mine:
2011 Hyundai Sonata Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial - Page 4 -- posted image.
Disclaimer: I am a non professional working of my notes - please use my advice to supplement the other great info that can be found on the site :-)
shermer321 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2015 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
Can someone look at the picture? I can unlock just fine but I cannot lock. The yellow in the mods picture is yellow and your diagram, mine is white with a stripe. Any ideas?
shermer321 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2015 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
Can someone look at the picture? I can unlock just fine but I cannot lock. The yellow in the mods picture is yellow and your diagram, mine is white with a stripe. Any ideas?2011 Hyundai Sonata Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial - Page 4 -- posted image.
shermer321 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2015 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
Is this an acceptable relay? Or which one do I need. Seems lock works only sometimes as well so I am thinking it might be relay. 2011 Hyundai Sonata Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial - Page 4 -- posted image.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic