the12volt.com spacer
icon

2012 Volkswagen Jetta SE Remote Start Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brsexton 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2012 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brsexton
I was wondering if someone would kindly post remote start wiring information for the 2012 VW Jetta? Thanks so much!
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2012 at 4:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Here's the 2011 Jetta, You will have to verify that the colors and locations haven't changed for 2012.
DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - VOLKSWAGEN / JETTA / 2011 / Remote Start
[PRINT THIS PAGE]
12volts RED / yellow (30A or 25A), RED / yellow (30A) + VESCM, black 73 pin plug, pins 16 and 68 (standard)
Notes: The VESCM (Vehicle Electrical System Control Module) is the relay box under the driver dash.
On premium models, they are red (40A), RED / yellow (40A) at the VESCM, black 52 pin plug, pin 1 and brown 52 pin plug, pin 42.
Starter RED / black + ignition switch, 10 pin plug, pin 4 (standard)
Notes: On premium models, it is RED / brown or RED / black (+) at the VESCM, brown 52 pin plug, pin 14. The VESCM (Vehicle Electrical System Control Module) is the relay box under the driver dash.
Second Starter pur/yel (sw1), pur/blk (sw2) (push-button start) - resistor start system button, 4 pin plug, pins 3 and 4
Ignition BLACK/ purple + ignition switch, 10 pin plug, pin 8 (standard)
Notes: On premium models, it is black (+) at the VESCM, brown 52 pin plug, pin 31. The VESCM (Vehicle Electrical System Control Module) is the relay box under the driver dash.
Second Ignition N/A      
Third Ignition N/A     
Accessory BLACK/ red + ignition switch, 10 pin plug, pin 3 (standard)
Second Accessory N/A     
Keysense BLACK/ gray + ignition switch, 10 pin plug, pin 2 (standard)
Notes: On premium models, it is black (+) at the VESCM, brown 52 pin plug, pin 13. The VESCM (Vehicle Electrical System Control Module) is the relay box under the driver dash.
Power Lock BROWN / green - VESCM, blk 73 pin plg, pin 25; Driv Dr Mod, gry 32 pin plg, pin 32
Notes: The VESCM (Vehicle Electrical System Control Module) is the relay box under the driver dash.
Power Unlock same as power lock - 180 ohms   
Notes: On premium models, it is BLACK/ purple (+) in the driver kick, harness to rear.
Lock Motor blue/green (standard); yellow (premium) 5 wire VESCM, blk 73 pin plg, pin 11; Driv Dr Mod, blk 20 pin plg, pin 13
Unlock Motor blue/purple (standard); purple (premium) 5 wire VESCM, blk 73 pin plg, pin 12; Driv Dr Mod, blk 20 pin plg, pin 12
Parking Lights+ gray/red (standard); gray / YELLOW (premium) + headlight sw, 17 pin plug, pin 14; headlight sw, 10 pin plug, pin 3
Parking Lights- N/A     
Hazards BROWN / red - VESCM, black 73 pin plug, pin 28; brown 52 pin plug, pin 7
Turn Signal(L) BLACK/ white + VESCM, white 73 pin plug, pin 14 (standard)
On premium models, they are BLACK/ white (F), BLACK/ white (R) at the VESCM, black 52 pin plug, pin 10 and brown 52 pin plug, pin 51.
Turn Signal(R) BLACK/ green + VESCM, white 73 pin plug, pin 15 (standard)
On premium models, they are BLACK/ green (F), BLACK/ green (R) at the VESCM, brown 52 pin plug, pin 50 and black 52 pin plug, pin 9.
Reverse Light blue/black + VESCM, white 73 pin plug, pin 12 or 48; black 52 pin plug, pin 28
Door Trigger BROWN / yellow - VESCM, black 73 pin plug, pin 19 (standard)
On premium models, it is BROWN / yellow (-) at the Driver Door Module, black 20 pin plug, pin 7.
Dome Supervision RED / blue - VESCM, black 73 pin plug, pin 4; brown 52 pin plug, pin 10
Trunk/Hatch Pin BROWN / blue - VESCM, black 73 pin plug, pin 30; black 52 pin plug, pin 29
Hood Pin BROWN / green - VESCM, black 73 pin plug, pin 27; black 52 pin plug, pin 14
Trunk/Hatch Release purple (rear handle switch on premium) - VESCM, black 73 pin plug, pin 23; black 52 pin plug, pin 13
Power Sliding Door N/A     
Factory Alarm Arm blue/red (standard); GREEN / WHITE (premium) - VESCM, blk 73 pin plg, pin 24; Driv Dr Mod, blk 20 pin plg, pin 16
Factory Alarm Disarm same as factory alarm arm - 180 ohms   
Disarm No Unlock Transponder and ignition     
Tachometer pur/brn (2.0Lstand), RED / blk (2.0Lprem, 2.5L, TDI) ac fuel injector 1, 2 pin plug, pin 2
Wait to start N/A     
Brake Wire BLACK/ red (functions with ignition on only) + VESCM, black 73 pin plug, pin 43; brown 52 pin plug, pin 17
Parking Brake BROWN / yellow - parking brake switch, 2 pin plug, pin 1
Horn Trigger RED / white (standard); RED / brown (premium) - VESCM, black 73 pin plug, pin 29; white 52 pin plug, pin 41
Memory Seat 1 N/A     
Memory Seat 2 N/A     
Memory Seat 3 N/A     
Interface Modules: Not Available

This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed electronics, Inc. assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2012 at 4:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
You will also need a bypass for the Transponder. Like Fortin, iDatalink, xpresskit.
brsexton 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2012 at 6:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brsexton
Thanks lurch. I will verify all wires before hand.
I will most likely be using the Fortin module. I am going to be doing my '12 Passat in the next few days and that is what I got for it. I am just trying to study up on the info for my wife's Jetta before I tackle it.
Thanks again.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2012 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Make sure that it will do the data overide for the transponder, otherwise you will need to use a key coffin with the loop to the key cylinder. And sacrifice a key or have to program an additional key first. The Fortin website say's that they can't do remote start on the 2012 Passat, but the install guide says that it can do key control. And the Jetta is: Immobilizer bypass using key wrap and an inductive loop around the key cylinder. Module uses an internal relay to control the key wrap. 1 key required for installation. For both the EVO-CAN/ALL.
brsexton 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2012 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brsexton
lurch228 wrote:
Make sure that it will do the data overide for the transponder, otherwise you will need to use a key coffin with the loop to the key cylinder. And sacrifice a key or have to program an additional key first. The Fortin website say's that they can't do remote start on the 2012 Passat, but the install guide says that it can do key control. And the Jetta is: Immobilizer bypass using key wrap and an inductive loop around the key cylinder. Module uses an internal relay to control the key wrap. 1 key required for installation. For both the EVO-CAN/ALL.
I know that I am going to have to give up a key for both cars. None of the modules: DBALL, Fortin, or Idatalink, can clone the transponder code for VW/Audi vehicles. I'm not sure what you mean about Fortin and the 2012 Passat. It says the EVO-ALL will control almost all features and even has very specific instructions just for the 2012 Passat in the EVO-ALL VW guide. I think it is "connection 5" that is only for the 2012 Passat. The entire install is only just a few wires from both the remote start unit and the Fortin.
Fortin VW Install
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2012 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
When you do the look up for the passat on their website it says that it can't do remote start.
The install manual say's that it can.
I don't know if the VW in the U.S. can program another key if you have 2 that are programmed, like the the chyrsler and dodge transponders can to add additional keys.
brsexton 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2012 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brsexton
lurch228 wrote:
When you do the look up for the passat on their website it says that it can't do remote start.
The install manual say's that it can.
I don't know if the VW in the U.S. can program another key if you have 2 that are programmed, like the the chyrsler and dodge transponders can to add additional keys.
Ahh, I see what you are talking about. I think what that means is that the Fortin can't actually control the staring of the car and that the ignition and start wires from the remote start unit must be connected directly to the car. I guess some vehicles can be started through the CAN bus.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2012 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
You mean no key required to bypass immobilizer, uses data to imitate a key. Like the transponder key in the chrysler's.
brsexton 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2012 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote brsexton
Does anyone know if I will actually need to connect the Accessory wire in the Jetta? I just did my 2012 Passat and I didn't connect the accessory wire because the wiring said it was for "Accessory Sense Only". Not really knowing what that means, I didn't connect it and everything functions just fine. Even the radio comes on during remote start. All I connected was START and Ignition. Now that I will be doing the Jetta soon, I was wondering if I need to connect the accessory wire on the Jetta? I don't care about the radio, just the HVAC. These VW's actually do not have an accessory setting on the ignition switch. It's 2 settings. ON and START. Any advise would be great.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic