icon

2003-2006 GMC Yukon Remote Start Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1978malibu 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2015 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
I have an autopage rs6rs665-2w. I attempted to hook factory horn up but it just a constant horn after I hit the unlick. Do I need a diode or relay
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2015 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
Did you by chance hook your domelight output to the trucks horn wire? 2003-2006 GMC Yukon Remote Start Pictorial - Page 3 -- posted image.
To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2015 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
Think RacerJames76 is on the right track.   2003-2006 GMC Yukon Remote Start Pictorial - Page 3 -- posted image.  The White wire is still at the default programming of Domelight.  You need to program feature A6 to 2 chirps for the White wire to do the Horn Output function.
Soldering is fun!
elroro77 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2016 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
Hi there I purchased a Compustar CS800-S & Idatalink ADS-ALCA Bypass Module × 1 flushed for my 2003 Yukon, can you help me with the wiring from diagram the compustar to the vehicle please?
Which wires go where?
Thanks
My name is Ro
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2016 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
Good choices on the R/S and bypass module. Fairly easy install. Personally, I would go in W2W mode for a couple
of reasons. First there aren't a whole lot of inter-module connections to make. Secondly, the ADS with GM1 firmware
has been known to drop the Tach signal, so going W2W you can wire the CS800 Tach input directly to the vehicles
Tach wire at the instrument panel.
Here goes :
CM800-s
CN1
1 Red  +12V Constant        Red ( also goes to ADS AL-CA Red )
2 GREEN / WHITE   + Parking Light Out        Not Used
3 RED / White     +12V Constant        RED / White
4 White        + Accessory        Orange
5 Blue + Selectable set to IGN2   White
6 Yellow        + Starter  Yellow
7 Green        + Ignition IGN1 Pink ( also goes to ADS AL-CA Pink )
8 Black        Chassis Ground  Chassis Ground ( also goes to ADS AL-CA Black )
CN2
1 GREEN / WHITE       (-) Parking Lights       GRAY/BLACK (-) BCM BROWN CONN, PIN B2
2 RED / Black        (-) Starter  Not Used
3 WHITE/ Black       (-) Accessory To external relay - Pin 85
4 Black (-) Status  To ADS AL-CA Blue/White GWR on 4 Pin plug
5 Orange (-) Rearm  Not Used
6 ORANGE / White      (-) Disarm        To ADS AL-CA Brown on 10 Pin plug       
7 White (-) Horn        BLACK (-) STEERING COLUMN HARNESS OR BCM GRAY CONN, PIN B9
8 Gray/Black        (-) Hood Pin To kit supplied and installed hood pin
9 Lt Blue/White     (+) Brake WHITE (+) BRAKE PEDAL SWITCH
10 RED / White        (-) Trigger Start        Not Used
11 Red  (+) Trigger Start        Not Used
12 Yellow/Black     Tach        WHITE @ INSTRUMENT CLUSTER GRAY 24 PIN CONN, PIN A5
CN3
1 Empty
2 Violet/White      (-) Trunk Release To ADS AL-CA RED / White on 10 Pin plug
3 ORANGE / Black      (-) Driver Priority Unlock    Not Used
4 Blue  (-) Unlock     To ADS AL-CA Blue/Black on 10 Pin plug
5 Blue/Black        (-) Lock       To ADS AL-CA GREEN/ Black on 10 Pin plug
6 Empty
ADS AL-CA w/ADS-AL(DL)-GM1 firmware ( wires not listed are not used )
4 Pin Power plug
Blue/White to CS800-s CN2 Pin 4 Black (-) Status
Black to CS800-s CN1 Pin 8 Black Chassis Ground
Red to CS800-s CN1 Pin 1 Red +12V constant
10 Pin Plug
GREEN/ BLACK to CS800-s CN3 Pin 5 Blue/Black
BLUE/BLACK to CS800-s CN3 Pin 4 Blue
RED / WHITE to CS800-s CN3 Pin 2 Violet/White
BROWN to CS800-s CN2 Pin 6 ORANGE / White
7 Pin Plug
Orange to Yukon OBD2 Pin 2 Violet
Pink to CS800-s CN1 Pin 7 Green
Extra external 30/40 Amp SPDT relay for the Yukons' ACC2 circuit :
Relay Pin 85 to CS800-s CN2 Pin 3 WHITE/ Black
Relay Pins 86 and 87 to Yukon +12V Constant RED / White @ ignition switch harness - Fuse at 25 Amps
Relay Pin 30 to Yukon Brown ACC2 wire @ ignition switch harness
You can make the inter-module connections on the bench prior to install using a soldering iron and heat
shrink tube. This will keep things neat and make for a very reliable system.
Remember to set the ADS AL-CA to Standard Mode and lock it in first before vehicle programming.
Soldering is fun!
elroro77 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2016 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
Hi Kreg357
Thank you so much for your immediate response, I plugged everything the way you mentioned above, but when I looked at the diagram they sent me (Type 3 installation) when I bought the R/S all those wire are not required to be connected to the CS800-s and according to this "diagram" all I needed to connect it was the the 4Pin power plug from the ADS AL-CA to the CS800-s, plus the orange to violet(Data) and the pink to the green from CS800-s.
Then I only plugged the hood pin, the brake pedal wire, parking lights, the horn and the Tach wire to the ADS-DL-GM1 yellow/blak(???) after that I programmed the ADS AL-CA to Data mode and everything works fine even the heated seats!! by the way my R/S is only 1 way communication not sure if I will have problem with the R/S in the future by wiring it this way??
One more thing; This extra external 30/40 Amp. is it required and if yes what is the function of it?
Once again thank you so much for all your help and information.
I look forward to hear form you soon.
My name is Ro
kreg357 
Posted: October 05, 2016 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
You went in D2D mode between the modules. Should work OK as there isn't a whole lot of 2 way traffic. The CS800-s default is Tachless Mode so unless you changed that option and learned the Tach, the truck might have some issues starting when it gets really cold in Alberta. If you change the programming to Tach Mode and learn the Tach signal, you will be running from the ADS AL-CA's generated Tach signal that has been known to occasionally quit. As I mentioned, I usually go in W2W mode and connect to the trucks instrument panel tach signal for best reliability.
The extra external relay to power the trucks ACC2 circuit. Depending on the vehicle, it sometimes isn't necessary. Personally, I always make that connection just to duplicate everything a regular key start does. Just another of my quirks for ultimate reliability and no "come backs".
Soldering is fun!
bandroidx 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2016 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
I just wanted to thank the OP kreg357 for this incredible info that helped me immensely to install the remote start in my new to me 2004 Tahoe. The pictures with the wires pointed out were such a huge help and saved me a lot of time.
I went with a 2-way Viper and Idatalink ALCS and used D2D mode and it seems to be working well. (no issues so far with the tach coming from the Idatalink).
One question I had was regarding the ACC2 wire. Is there any info on what this actually does and what components use it? I decided not to hook it up, I could have easily added a relay but I saw it as potential for issues incase the relay were to fail. I installed the R/S the day after my friend finally tracked a really annoying battery drain issue to a 12v relay he had installed that had reversed polarity so that was fresh in my mind.
Without ACC2 engergized everything works fine including heated seats and heater blower, etc. No Check engine light, etc. I am just curious what it is that this wire does and just want to make 100% sure its ok I dont have it energized in my 2004 Tahoe Z71.
Thanks again.
derrik86 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2016 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
I installed the 5706 alarm using the GMdlbp in my 2006 crew cab Silverado diesel and now my dome lights ONLY work when I hit arm or disarm on the viper alarm.. should I wire my rear door triggers from the bcm to the viper directly ? or should they be wired to the GMDLBP module input then use that output to feed into the input of the viper ? and the factory horn is wired up. although the factory horn only goes off when the drivers front door is opened none of the other doors will set off the horn. it will set off the alarm though.. any help would be amazing its been a week and cant figure out the wiring right.. if It wasn't for this thread my remote start would still be throwing a error code. thank you very much !!
prince504 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2016 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:
Good choices on the R/S and bypass module. Fairly easy install. Personally, I would go in W2W mode for a couple
of reasons. First there aren't a whole lot of inter-module connections to make. Secondly, the ADS with GM1 firmware
has been known to drop the Tach signal, so going W2W you can wire the CS800 Tach input directly to the vehicles
Tach wire at the instrument panel.
Extra external 30/40 Amp SPDT relay for the Yukons' ACC2 circuit :
Relay Pin 85 to CS800-s CN2 Pin 3 WHITE/ Black
Relay Pins 86 and 87 to Yukon +12V Constant RED / White @ ignition switch harness - Fuse at 25 Amps
Relay Pin 30 to Yukon Brown ACC2 wire @ ignition switch harness
You can make the inter-module connections on the bench prior to install using a soldering iron and heat
shrink tube. This will keep things neat and make for a very reliable system.
Remember to set the ADS AL-CA to Standard Mode and lock it in first before vehicle programming.
@kreg357 have you ever used the CM800 as a slave remote starter?
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic