506t and 509u to viper 5704

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stsniper 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2013 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I have Viper 5704 installed and i would like to add 506t and 509u to it.
From my understanding 506t comes with 3pin "y connector" which goes to brain and then the other two ends i plug in the shock sensor and audio sensor. For the 509u, it plugs straight to the brain to 4pin mux port? Please correct me if Im wrong. I haven't ordered sensors yet, so i can not look at them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
Yes but you will need diode separation on the trigger leads, should explain on the installation instructions.
NOTE; IMO a waste of time, you will spend a day balancing the sensors when a single 508d will give you better coverage.
stsniper 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2013 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for help, but the diode would be needed only if.I.would.want to know the difference between zones when alarm.triggers, but if not then I can just connect without problems? I was thinking of proximity but It will always trigger with and without the reason, so that's why I was thinking to get other sensors. Please correct me if.I'm.wrong. I just don't want it come on at night when the snow will cover up the car or something
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2013 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
I generally find that the more sensors you have the more false alarms you get.
If you don't diode, you won't even know what triggered the alarm.
I usually suggest a 508d even though it's a PITA to adjust because it has universal application with greater coverage, e.g. to trigger the shock or glass break you would already have had the 508d issue a warn away so what's the point of them?
stsniper 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2013 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
Haha I read the exact phrase somewhere when I was researching on sensors. I understand that 508 is a really good idea, but look.even if the outside is set to.the lowest possible and we get an.inch or so if snow? Would it trigger the alarm? And back to diode, I wouldn't only know the difference between the shock and glass sensor I understand that, but I would need the bitwriter to.set up different zones between shock and glass? I definitely don't really want to.buy.it,.I'll be.alright just seeing zone 2 has been triggered. If either no.Windows.broken then it's shock, I.highly doubt someone will.come.and try know in the window with a key to see it the car has sound sensor
stsniper 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
In.no way I'm trying to argue or proof anything, just trying to figure if it's worth soldering the diode and stuff and the phrase was " e.g. to trigger the shock or glass break you would already have had the 508d issue a warn away so what's the point of them?"
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2013 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  
OK, we don't get your extremes but I've had 3-6" of snow on my car 3 times this week, no falsies with a 508d (sensitivity set low), the car deadlocks anyway.
All I'm trying to say is that the extra sensors are a waste of your time and money for what return?
False alarms?
And the old school Clifford R/S never fails. I hard wired everything including 3 x Ignition 2.
stsniper 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2013 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  
The 508 plugs straight to brain also ? I think if I remember correctly, four pin goes to brain and another three have to be tapped to something. Because from what I've read people are cursing 508 that it always false triggers etc, that's why I was even thinking of getting it.
What would be the place to mount it? Somewhere on the headliner in the middle?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2013 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
Yes is the answer to all the points you raised.
Each sensor is a PITA to set up.
stsniper 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2013 at 1:14 AM / IP Logged  
Alright, thanks for your help, I'll read more about the proximity, I just don't want to.end up bypassing it at the end if I won't be able to adjust the way it won't false trigger on every person that walks by. And by the way you said its a.pita to adjust 506 and 509, 506 can pretty much go.all.the way, but test it with with a pop can not far from the car and see if it will.trigger. and 509 just go to.a~pillars facing the back of the Car? Not sure if.there are any other adjustment but if there is, it can be set to max, since all.the.widows will be closed etc ?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic