icon

audiovox cruise

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
timkins 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2013 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
I got the cruise working last year and put the car up for the winter. When I tried the cruise this year it worked fine the first time I tried and now it has started breaking the chain link that connects the carb to the unit. I have replaced the chain at least 6 times and every time I fix it and then drive the car and try the cruise it breaks the ball off the end. I am ready to throw the cruise in the dumpster. Any ideas or suggestions?
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2013 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  

I know this post is over a month old, but I figured someone may find my response helpful. It sounds as if you have the cruise attached to a carburetor via the included beaded chain. I believe you may need to find either a stronger beaded chain or a softer throttle return spring. (which may not be possible depending on the carb as some have built in springs as well) If you are refering to the crimped on piece at the end, I have actually soldered those on to prevent them from opening back up. Again it sounds as if your problem is the actual ball breaking off of the chain. You may consider a throttle cable clamp method or something else entirely. As always looking at how the factory cruise was linked can be helpful as well, if applicable.

To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic