icon

wireless control electric motor fwd/rev

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
99z286spd 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2013 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
I am looking to wire my 12v motor DPDT switch controlled landing gear on my fifth wheel trailer to a wireless control. I bought a 2 channel wireless control on eBay. I do believe it has the option of pos or neg output trigger.
I'm sure ill need relays to control the switching polarity for up and down with the two channel outputs of the wireless control. Can anyone clarify how to do this for me?? I have a basic understanding of relays but I think I'm making this harder than it needs to be.
Here's my motor setup:
wireless control electric motor fwd/rev -- posted image.
Here's my controller:
eBay.com. Item # 160957049591
Sorry, I don't know why the web link won't post
99z286spd 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2013 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
I just found this online if anyone can verify this will switch polarity for up and down operation and allow use of the hard wired switch. Can anyone name the respective contact numbers this is referring to? 86 87 85 etc...?
wireless control electric motor fwd/rev -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2013 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
Alternatively look at the relay section above, door locks, 5 wire alternative, the wires marked NEG lock unlock from alarm correspond to your remote control NEG outputs.
Motor wires from the switch are cut and go to 87a switch side, 30 motor side or this, note the 1N4004 diodes, to protect your remote control circuitry:-
motor_control.bmp
Note, this is an almost "universal" diagram, you can substitute, window closers, door locks, etc. etc. for the motor.
Don't forget to adequately fuse the power supply and switch plus the smaller spur off fuse for the Remote receiver.
99z286spd 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2013 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Howie. I noted the use of diodes and fuses. The circuit that is currently Installed is protected by a 30A circuit breaker. I will add fused protection to the new wireless controller.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2013 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  
Good, a fuse of say 3-5 amps would be much cheaper than a new receiver.
There are"experts" here including myself who would be damned liars if they denied that they've ever miswired a relay!.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2013 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
By the way, if you take the wires at 87a to ground you can even get rid of the switch and run the motor directly from the relay.
99z286spd 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2013 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
I would like to keep the switch in the system for manual operation of the landing gear (stand there and hold the button) in case the remote ever gets lost or dies. Thank you for your help.
Leon
99z286spd 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2013 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
Ok so I have a problem now.... The wireless control won't work unless I ground the wires from pin 87a switch side.. It will work with the switch but not wireless. Then when I ground those wires it works wireless but not switched... Help!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2013 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
Check your wiring.
It's pretty straight forward.
dlmrun2002 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2014 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
Looks like similar plan I am trying to work out. Installed remote door locks and power windows in 1974 car. Door locks work fine with remote. Power windows use a spal 5 wire switch. Kit works fine but I am trying to use the 3rd and 4th leg output of my remote system to power windows up and down. Remote system uses ground pulse. SPal switch has motor switch resting at ground but goes positive when switch thrown. I tried using a relay on remote to reverse it's polarity from ground but if the pulse is switched it is married to Spal switch which restate ground. I am thinking I have to take switch feed to motor and isolate that on another relay. Does that make sense?
TIA
Doug M.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic