icon

motorcycle remote ignition, start relay

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
agemax 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2013 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
hello everybody. i have just stumbled across this site and i am so glad i have.
i have a 1978 Suzuki GS1000 and i am installing a remote ignition and start feature on the bike.
I have purchased a Lewes S4 remote control system. it has 4 output relays but i am only using 2 for now.
the outputs can be set to momentary or latching, but not individually, so its 4 latching or 4 momentary.
the momentary will be fine to activate the starter motor but i need a latching output to enable the electrical system to stay "live" until i switch it off with the remote.
i have found a Durite 12V 25 Amp Latching Changeover Relay 0-728-02
on e**y, which states it will latch on with a 12v pulse and stay on until it gets another 12v pulse which will switch it off.
will this relay do the job i am thinking it will?
will it be reliable or is there a better option anybody can suggest?
many thanks in advance.
agemax 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2013 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
i will buy one of those relays and see if it works or not.
agemax 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2013 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
ok, i have fitted this relay to the remote system and after a little help wiring up the relay in a different forum section (thanks guys) it works as i hoped it would.
the remote switches on the ignition which then latches on via the Durite relay and stays on until i pulse it again from the remote keyfob.
the relay comes in with a nice reassuring "clunk" so its good to know its a good solid connection.
now to wire up the starter circuit motorcycle remote ignition, start relay - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic