time delay relay stereo +

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shezza 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2013 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
Hi all,
I have a little mod I want to do with my car and Im not sure exactly how to go about it. Basically, my stereo takes a while to start up and in the meantime, I have to wait for the reverse screen to show up. So I want it to turn on via the unlock signal (earth momentary signal for the lock). Then I have a constant live from the battery to keep a live going even when starting the car. Can I use this to activate a time delay relay and keep it going for the time Id like?
Thanks
quark kent 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
Yes. A DEI 528T. You did not mention the year make and model of the vehicle so I can't tell you where to grab it but in the worst case you can go into the drivers door and grab a door lock actuator leg...use that to trigger the 528T and that can power up anything you want for up to 90 seconds IIRC.
If you need more time use a PAC TR-7.
528T about 12 bucks on ebay...PAC TR7 about 25 bucks on ebay.
I can not explain to you what "nothing" is in a scientific way. What makes matters worse is you won't notice it when you finally have the opportunity to experience it.
shezza 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2014 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
quark kent wrote:
Yes. A DEI 528T. You did not mention the year make and model of the vehicle so I can't tell you where to grab it but in the worst case you can go into the drivers door and grab a door lock actuator leg...use that to trigger the 528T and that can power up anything you want for up to 90 seconds IIRC.
If you need more time use a PAC TR-7.
528T about 12 bucks on ebay...PAC TR7 about 25 bucks on ebay.
Hi and thanks for the reply :)
So when I am wanting to take the cue from a momentary signal to give me timed earth or positive, I need a Pulse SPDT relay? Will a SPST not do the trick? Is there any other name its reffered to by?
I was going to use the door lock actuator.
shezza 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2014 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
Oh and is there such thing as one that will act on a signal of around 3v?
Thanks
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2014 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
No, 528t triggers on a pulse and has a built in relay.
Not timers AFAIK there are relays with 3V coils, that could trigger a 528t.
Test before boxing up.
shezza 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2014 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
harryharris wrote:
No, 528t triggers on a pulse and has a built in relay.
Not timers AFAIK there are relays with 3V coils, that could trigger a 528t.
Hey Harry,
So what is the most succinct title for the 528t?
And could I just use a transistor? I have messed around with electronics a fair bit, but basic to the extent of not having used transistors. If I understand correctly, this situation could allow for it rather than using some big relay, yes?
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2014 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
528t = a timer controlled relay.
Yes you could play around but a 528 is cheaper and more reliable.
Test before boxing up.
shezza 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2014 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  
harryharris wrote:
528t = a timer controlled relay.
Yes you could play around but a 528 is cheaper and more reliable.
I like playing around and learning, at the same time... my head is not built for the learning part. So I will take the easy way out this time around :P
I cant find a 528t for less than $30 shipped... is there really no other way this device is referred to by? Even how a seller might describe it? Often I find great search results by searching what I expect the seller to call it rather than what it actually is...
quark kent 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2014 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
It part is a 528T but the brand is DEI. So just try a google search or ebay for "DEI 528T" which can go by several descriptions such as a pulse timer or a timed rely or timer relay module or a pulse timer relay module. It all does the same thing no matter what the seller calls it. Now I don;t know if there is a cost issue if you are outside of the USA but here on ebay we can get them starting at 5 dollars for an auction but an average of $14 with free shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/pulse-timer-relay
I can not explain to you what "nothing" is in a scientific way. What makes matters worse is you won't notice it when you finally have the opportunity to experience it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic