icon

viper 5704v external shock sensor issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aimbot 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2013 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, im installing a viper 5704v into my 2006 forester XT. Ive installed a couple of alarms before this on personal cars but I am not a pro. However, installing the shock sensor is normally a plug it into the unit and work kind of deal. So my issue is when i tap the shock sensor (its a DEI double guard) the light comes on so it seems the sensor is reading shock, however my alarm does not react at all.
My alarm chirps and alarms properly when i open doors that have been locked and such but no go for the shock sensor itself. Ive tried both sensor inputs in the viper unit as well.
If anyone has any more questions id answer to the best of my abilities. Thanks.
quark kent 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2013 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure what you are asking but from my years of experience with DEI products is that it will zone bypass shock sensors as default. So what I do is always turn on the ignition...then turn it off. Arm the alarm, wait 15-30 seconds minimum.. and then test the shock sensitivity.
I can not explain to you what "nothing" is in a scientific way. What makes matters worse is you won't notice it when you finally have the opportunity to experience it.
sevgi 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2014 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
@aimbot, it sounds like your sensor requires sometime as mentioned in an earlier post. Some shock sensors recalibrate themselves when they are turned on. They are referred to as smart shock sensors. In situations when you leave your car in a city center, in a busy street or beside a construction site, the vibrations levels are different that your regular quiet car parking so sensor recalibration becomes important. You may need to give the sensor some time before expecting alarm at required shock levels.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2014 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
How are you testing the shock sensor?
Arm, wait about 20 seconds then a good thump to either side A or B pillar.
If you have any other sensors, e.g. 508d, leave them disconnected while testing.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic