icon

06 honda crv starter/alarm aux?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kennyd. 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2013 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys so I've been getting ready to install a solace S3 with a fortin evoall bypass on my sisters 06 honda Crv Exl. My question is I'd like to install the aux wires for heated seats and rear defrost? Will I need to buy anything else? How can I set this up?
From the bulldogsecurity website, I need relays for the domelight and trunk release, will I need it aswell for the rear defrost and heated seats? Doesn't mention anything about relays for the remote starter wires. Fortin also doesn't mention anything for a relay setup for remote start.
Install seems to be straight forward, other than the diode isolate for the door triggers.
In the next week or so, I will have time to tackle this job!
I'll post back on my progress!
powerslave 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2013 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
Usually, new remote starters have an ACCY output wire, with a 30AMP fuse you use for the blower.
The electric in-window defoggers are one touch on, and timed, then they go off on their own. You can use a pulsed output (convert to correct polarity and voltage) to turn the defoggers on with that one pulsed output from the alarm module. If you send a LOCK pulse to the doors, you can use that (correct for polarity and voltage). Same with the seat heaters, they are also one touch on, but they stay on till you turn them off, mostly, I think factory ones are timed too.
You need to wire a pulsed output to behind those two buttons at the harnesses, so when the remote start is used, a pulse goes out to turn those items on. The defoggers will go off on their own. If the seat heaters have a times setting, that won't be an issue either.
That's what I would do... Using a relay to convert polarity if needed, and a resistor for voltage. You can use a meter to measure the voltage when you press the button to turn those items off. It can be as low as 5V with body control modules. Still, that is what I would do...
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2013 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks poweslave for your help?
I have one wire that is" accessory output"(-) this is a programable wire that has a setting for defrost, also 4 aux wires that are progammable in milliseconds and one setting to set " latched". Does latched mean always on?
The "accessory output" wire can be set to defrost and three other wires that can be programmed plus the 4 aux wires.
How will I go abouts setting up the negative output wires to a relay and connect them to the switch harnesses of the heated seats and rear defrost? Theres a few diagrams in the install manual, but I'm a bit confused on which wires to tap into?
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2013 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
Is relays nessessary to setup rear defrost and Heated seats or can I just tap into the wire harnesses of the switches. It has a 325mA negative output? Couldn't I just connect this wire to the switch wires to imitate a button press?? And which wires do I tap into?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2013 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
You may have to go to www.wirecolor.com to find the wiring info for the rear defrost. Info can be purchased for about 5 bucks. Access is good for 48 hours. All of the other wiring services do not list info about the rear defrost wire location or polarity (+) (-)??
Not at all familiar with the Solace S3 system.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2013 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks smokeman, I was thinking about probing it with a powerprobe II, I have the Autel brand, which similar in features. Its a really cool tool, to check the polarity or voltage from the wire which you are probing. I will also try to use a digital multimeter to check voltage. I haven't done anything yet. Still researching what I need for my install.
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2013 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
06 CRV Rear Defroster: Yellow/Black (-)latched   Heater Control Unit, green 30 pin plug, pin 20
kennyd. 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2013 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks yellow_cake!!
Can you guys tell me what "latched" or "pulse" means???
For my solace remote starter it has a programmable output wire for aux install, but in the install manual it just says "defrost"???? It doesn't say anything about latched or pulse settings???
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2013 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
Let me see if I got this right.
You need to use your DMM to meter the wires going to the defrost switch.
12 volts then when you push the switch it drops to 0 volts and stays there. This is (-) Negative latching defroster.
12 volts then when you press the switch it drops to 0 volts, then jumps back to 12 volts. This is called (-) Negative pulsed defroster.
0 volts, then when you press the switch it jumps to 12 volts. This is a (+) Positive latched defrost an requires a relay to switch the polarity and increase amps.
Sound right to anyone?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
yellow_cake 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2013 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
A pulse would provide a split second burst of (-); a latch will provide a continuous (-).
If you were to send only a (-) pulse for a latch type defroster wire, it will turn on for that split second and turn right back off; therefore you need a continuous/latched output.
Smokeman shows you the right way to test the defroster wire to confirm it's a (-) latching type.
If your remote starter doesn't have an option to set the aux wire to latch or timed latch, you may use some relays to convert a (-) pulse to a continuous latch output.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic