the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2000-2003 Ford Taurus Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2013 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
Thought the remotes were already paired.  There is a 5701 LE Install Guide in the Downloads Section.  The remote pairing procedure starts on Page 56.  I am not a Viper installer, so really can't assist too much.  There are Viper installers on the Forum, so maybe they can add some salient info.
Soldering is fun!
matt1981m 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2013 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
Normally they would be but it is a refurbished unit. There was a note stating they had to be programmed. I have another valet switch I will hook up and try.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2013 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
I would check the remotes to make sure they are in the CAR 1 mode and not CAR 2. Press and HOLD the F Button until the Green LED on the lock button lights up. If both the Lock and Unlock button light up, the remote is in CAR 2 mode. Press the f button to light up only the Unlock Button.
What are the steps you are doing to pair the remotes?
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2013 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
Hopefully they didn't use a BitWriter and put a Lock the Transmitter Programming option.
Soldering is fun!
matt1981m 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2013 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
I was finally able to get the remotes to program. The neutral safety switch was bad. Replacing it fixed the problem. The problem I am having now is that the DB-ALL wont program, goes solid red for about 10 seconds but then flashes red (one flash every sec or so) continuously. Also, when hitting remote start, it errors out and flashes 7 times indicating manual transmission mode is enabled and not initialized. I have an automatic transmission. I thought the default setting would be for an automatic, and I have not enabled that mode. How do I disable manual transmission mode. It is 3-1 for the settings... shouldnt that be a unlock command to disable it? I did notice too that the wire combination for the rx/tx you indicated was reversed from what the DB-All instructions said, but I have tried both ways with no change for the DB-All programming. The unit was programmed to the correct firmware.
smokeman1 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2013 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
If you don't have it, download the Install guide fro the 5701 from this site in the downloads section. Follow the steps starting on page 60. Having your horn connected will help.
One of the door triggers needs to be connected. H1/6 or H1/8.
Open door, turn ignition on, then off. Press AND HOLD the button on the antenna. The LED will blink once, then twice, then a third time. Release the button. You are in MENU 3. Press the button once, release then press AND HOLD. Now you should be in Menu 3, Item 1. Press the lock or unlock button on the remote, it should change the transmission mode to automatic and sound two chips from the horn/siren.
Release the button on the antenna. Either wait 30 seconds for the Viper to exit the programing or turn the ignition on then off to exit.
It might take a few attempts to get it, but keep trying.
Hopefully the brain is not locked with a bitwriter.
smokeman1 
Posted: November 18, 2013 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
What are your connection for the DB-ALL?
matt1981m 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2013 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
I did finally get it set to automatic trans...
On the db-all I have the d2d of course, the 2 wires on the red harness to the tx/Rx, and on the black, the pink to the ign wire, and the blue white to the GWR output on the 5701, which I have now come to learn isn't needed due to d2d being used...
smokeman1 
Posted: November 18, 2013 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
RX could be BROWN / Yellow or Gray Orange at Pin 3
TX could be Grey/Red or WHITE/ Light Green at pin 4
Your connector style for the Taurus is style 3 on the DB-ALL install guide. Look at the shape and check with pin location.
matt1981m 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2013 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, that is how I have it connected. I couldn't remember off hand which one was which but grey/red is hooked up as tx, BROWN / yellow is rx... Kreg357 had posted the reverse earlier in the thread, and I have tried it both ways. I have confirmed that the viper will start the car if the key is present in the tumbler so I know that part is a-ok... Now if only I could get the DBALL to cooperate and just program the way it is supposed to. I am tempted to pull it out and bribe a local best buy employee to check the firmware loaded to ensure the seller flashed it the was they said they did. Am I correct in thinking that the Viper's GWR output connected to the GWR input on the DBALL black harness wouldn't affect it programming correctly? Now I wish I hadn't ripped out the 555U that was installed before. I could have used that instead of the DBALL!
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic