icon

2000-2003 Ford Taurus Remote Start w/Keyless Pictorial

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hemi93 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2015 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
Alright thanks for helping me with that. I just had a few more wires i had questions about.. On the Remote Start Harness (H3) pin 1 is a neutral safety switch input. Where would that get connected too. And is it possible to hook up the rear defogger on this install. Im assumming ill need a relay to do it. Its pin 5 on the (H3) harness and on my db-all2 what is the RAP Off get connected to?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2015 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  

On your Viper 4205, the Neutral Safety wire is connected to Chassis Ground.  This is typical for any vehicle with an automatic trans.

Here is some info from earlier on this Pictorial from forum member e129745 ( Patrick ) concerning the rear defroster :

Update to Rear Window Defogger on my 2002 Taurus Sedan;
Dash momentary button provides (-) to GEM DrkBlue/Orange pin6 of 20pin connector C201b (1 of 3 GEM connectors). The GEM
continues to offer timed (-) to Pin 86 coil of Defogger Relay located in CJB (Central Junction Box) Therefore H2/3 (-) 200mA can be
programed opt.3 Pulse which should operate Defogger without adding a relay and will also light Dash Defogger LED indicator,
timing out with factory timer. Cool!

His was a 2002 Taurus so test and verify.  If it tests properly, no relay is needed.

As for the DB-ALL2's RAP connection, follow the DB-ALL2's install guide / diagram.  Here is the Driver's Door Trigger wire info :

ReadyRemote
Driver Door Trigger       Yellow/Black   @ GEM 26 Pin Plug

Soldering is fun!
Page of 6

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic