icon

2008 sienna overhead dvd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nadeemr 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2013 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
Need some help in installation of overhead DVD/monitor for 2008 Toyota Sienna without sunroof. For mounting plate and wiring, I am a little nervous about cutting the headliner at the wrong spot. There are some online instructions and pictures available for a similar installation for 2011 model. I am not sure if the roof metal brace is at the same location in 2008 model. Can someone please share a picture or instructions for the mounting plate installation for 2008 sienna? Am I suppose to use a piece of plywood above the headliner or the mounting plate can be mounted directly to the roof metal brace? Any ideas on how to find exact location of the roof metal brace? Thank you
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 05, 2013 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
07 New Body Style to 13 are identical vehicles.
nadeemr 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2013 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you very much for this useful information. From some online instructions and pictures, I noticed that there is a bump in the headliner for 2011-2013. The roof metal brace is above the bump. In 2008 , the headliner is flat with no bump. I appreciate if someone can give me some more information like the location of the metal brace above headliner and if I need to use any plywood? Thanks
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 05, 2013 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
I did not have my glasses on. I thought you had a GMC SIERRA. No idea of a difference on the Sienna 08 vs. 11
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2013 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
There are actually 2 braces in the headliner, the one a little further back is smaller but a better location. What i do is press up hard on the headliner and you will feel it there. Another way is to remove the rubber trim atop the passenger slider and pull the healiner down to look up inside.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
nadeemr 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2013 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you. This is exactly the information I was looking for. If you can share some tips on where to connect the wiring of overhead dvd player that will be very helpful. I was thinking to connect to overhead console or the 12V socket behind pillar B. Can you guide me to the location where I can get constant 12V, switched 12V and the door trigger wire all at one location.
Also, I was thinking to connect A/V input and output wiring under the headliner to a convenient location to use an external media player. Have you ever done it and what is a good location to leave the other end of the A/V wiring.
I am also going to start another thread on getting some opinions on different brands of overhead dvd players. I'll really appreciate your input on that. Thanks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic