the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

power distribution

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
burntkat 
Copper - Posts: 143
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2014 at 1:10 AM / IP Logged  
That's awesome, well done.
I am just giving you hell, and hoping for more pics of the truck. I still haven't installed my alarm- but I have a good excuse- I got waylaid by a need to build and install a new engine for it. I've got the stock engine back together and it seems like it's undamaged (long story- BLUF: don't let a professional work on your junk- my oil pump FELL APART and was resting in the bottom of the pan!). I am building a smallblock V8 to go in its place, and this was all actually rather fortuitous. I did the solid front axle swap two years ago. If I hadn't, I'd have had to completely remove the drivetrain to fix this, since the factory front axle is 1" from the oil pan, making it inaccessible.
"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. - Robert A. Heinlein"
ronemca 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2014 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  
I have a few more (dry) pics on my phone, but here's an idea of how it looks. Since shooting these I have re-routed the exposed wire; it's all hidden now, but the config of the lights is the same.
power distribution - Page 13 -- posted image.
power distribution - Page 13 -- posted image.
The centre one is a 50W internal-ballast HID pencil beam. And boy - did I choose wisely on that! It maintains an impressively-tight circle/focus 'waaay out in front of the truck. Exactly what I was looking for.
The LED lightbar is 40 x 3W emitters. The outboard eight on each end have orange peel reflectors (for wide angle dispersion) and the rest are smooth for distance. Considering the price, this thing is awe-inspiring in terms of the amount of light it throws. Again - a lucky choice...since I had zero experience/exposure (I have not seen a single other one on anyone's vehicle in the last year and a half)
The Hella's are each 55W long-distance white. They were the first aux lights I installed, are were described as...chosen...and intended to be pencil beams. Sadly, they are underwhelming in this capacity. They throw a decent temperature of light -- and it's a reasonable amount of light -- but the focus scatters pretty close in. They are therefore used the least.
burntkat 
Copper - Posts: 143
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2014 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
Very nice. I need to get on my alarm install, then start fabricating my front bumper. To add to the pile of other stuff I need to do- but without the front bumper I (am illegal, so there's that) can't add my aux lighting.
"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. - Robert A. Heinlein"
Page of 13

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic