2001 tahoe factory arm disarm with after

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tahoe45 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2014 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Everyone,
I have a 2001 tahoe with a clifford rs3 installed. I have everything installed and working, but I noticed that when I arm or Disarm using my clifford alarm it does not arm or disarm my factory alarm. I read that the tahoe has a factory arm and disarm wire but what wire from my alarm would i hook up to those wires.
Factory disarm wire - light green
Any help would be awesome thanks everyone
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2014 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  

Factory Alarm Disarm       Light Green (driver door key cylinder) (-)      @ BCM, purple plug, pin B3

Here is a photo : 

2001 tahoe factory arm disarm with after -- posted image.

Not a Clifford person but this sounds like the right wire if I got the correct install guide :

H2/1     LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK (-)        FACTORY DISARM

Soldering is fun!
tahoe45 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2014 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
Awesome thank you so much. One more quick question how do I arm the factory alarm using my Clifford alarm? I read that as soon as the doors are locked the factory alarm arms, but I do not see the security light up in the message center of the Tahoe when i lock the doors using the Clifford alarm.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2014 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  

The info I have says that the Factory alarm arms with a lock command with the drivers door open.  You can try this and

see if the factory alarm arms after you close the drivers door.  If it works like this, you can use a relay to open the drivers
door trigger wire at the same time the Clifford sends the lock pulse.  Here is the info on the drivers door trigger wire :
LF Latch    TAN  (-)      @ PIN B4, PURPLE PLUG AT BCM. DRIVERS SIDE DASH

Soldering is fun!
tahoe45 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2014 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
So i should try locking the doors using my clifford alarm while the front door is open and then close it to see if the security button turns on? Sorry got a little confused.
kreg357 
Posted: January 05, 2014 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
Correct.  Door open, press Clifford lock, close door, wait two minutes and open a door with inside handle.
Soldering is fun!
tahoe45 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2014 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
OKay thank you. If that is the case which relay should i get and how would I go about wiring it. Once again thank you for all your help. I would have no hair by now if it was not for your help.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 06, 2014 at 6:47 AM / IP Logged  
First do what kreg says---lock the door while the door is open, and then close it. You should see the orange security display come on solid, then go out after a short time.
So, the way GM designed the car, is just like above, it wants to see the driver's door pin see a steady ground first, then the door gets electrically locked by pushing the button on the door panel, and then the door is closed.
There are all kinds of timer relays on the market, fancy circuits you can build yourself, et cetera. But that will of course drive up the cost and time to do the job.
What I do is I try to just use whatever outputs I have available from the aftermarket system, to pulse the driver's door wire AND the lock wire, but what happens is that the two wires get the signal at the EXACT same time........as you can see, you're supposed to open the door first, then hit Lock.....the car wasn't designed for you to yank open the door and have your hand on the Lock button at the exact same time.
Regardless, the above method often works. Not always, but often enough.
I'm not sure exactly what a Clifford RS3 is, but unless it's the old Clifford, it should be the same as Viper, Python, et cetera---right?
There's a wire on that unit, light GREEN / WHITE, called "factory rearm." It makes a quick pulse every time you hit Lock on the Clifford, and it also makes a pulse after the remote starter times out, or is shut off by remote.
So, find the driver's door switch wire at the BCM. Your car is very popular and has been covered here before.....the search feature should help you find the wire. And you want to test the wire, not just connect to it because it looks like the right color.
Anyway, all you should need to do is connect the Clifford light GREEN / WHITE to the Tahoe's driver's door wire.
Now when you press Clifford lock, you'll end up making the car think you opened the door at the exact same time you pressed Lock on the driver's door panel. This should probably work---but you won't know for sure until you test it.
DISARM: Connect the light GREEN/ black Clifford disarm output to the light green wire in the car that kreg showed you in his picture.
BONUS: Have you noticed that if you remote start your car, then shut if off by remote, the radio stays on for a little while? Connecting the light GREEN / WHITE will make the radio shut off right away now.
tahoe45 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2014 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
You guys are awesome thank you so much.
tahoe45 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2014 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  
This all makes sense. The clifford does have a factory rearm wire which I attach to the expresskit bypass cause it was required, but i can tap into that wire and also attach it to the wire you specified thank you so much again.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic