2013 ford focus adding puddle lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
silverpony 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2014 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
Hello,
I have a 2013 Ford Focus SE (model without door modules) so I do not have factory puddle lamps. I want to add something similar to this:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-wired-bolts/plm-series-wired-one-and-half-watt-led/1141/
Under each mirror (drive/passenger). My question is, would I just be able to connect them to the dome light wiring somehow, so they come on when I unlock or open the doors, then dim after? I would also like them to work even if I have the dome light switched to "off".
So I guess my question is, where do I need to splice these wires in, to get that type of functionality? I also read that sometimes LED's will not go all the way OFF because there is still some current flowing to them. Will these be the case here as well?
Thank you!
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2014 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
Link to a Taurus Puddle light project might give you some insight:
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/116-aesthetics-interior-wheels-tires/146228-how-add-puddle-lamps-g3-4-without-them.html
Link to Wire Guide. Check and verify all wires with a DMM prior to making any connections.
http://www.readyremote.com/main.asp?action=select&yr=26702&product=Remote Start&make=Ford&model=Focus
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
powerslave 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2014 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
If you have to add them, then use LED Projectors, they are cool. You can get your cars logo, or other logo, and when you open the door, it will project the bright image onto the ground. They are pretty cheap too. Can get them from Ebay.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic