icon

pkall won't program on a 09 ford fusion

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dksob81 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2014 at 7:55 AM / IP Logged  
I am installing a Avital 4103 Remote starter on a 2009 Ford Fusion, using a PKALL by-pass module.
I have everything connected correctly. I tried it using the D2D Connection and hardwired the RED and BLACK wires to 12v and ground.
I have the Ignition, (-) when running wire and the RX/TX wires connected.
this is the steps to programming.
PRESS & HOLD the Programming Button, connect connector 2 and then 1, when the LED is lit let go of the button, immediately put the 1st key in the ignition and turn it to the ON position (without starting), when the SECURITY LIGHT goes out reeve key and put 2nd key in ignition and turn to the ON position. when light goes out turn key off and press/hold Programming button until LED blinks. than remote start vehicle and it should blink 10 times - it flashes twice but thats it, and the security light flashes rapidly.
I've also done this same procedure without pressing the programming button (at the end) and just trying to remote start and it does the same thing. I have tried it for a couple hours. even switching my RX/TX wires around and still nothing.
Brief history.....
I installed this remote starter a couple weeks ago, go the system working, took a few tries to get it to program but it worked. But if I remote started the vehicle and shut it off and immediately tried it again it wouldn't do anything, the security light would flash. Each time this would happen, I would have to go through the programming process again. But finally I thought I had it figured out. or if I used the factory Key Fob (built into the key) it would do the same thing.
So basically I just told the customer what NOT to do. well yesterday morning they forgot and locked their vehicle with th factory key. So I figured it would be an easy fix - just program it again. well now I cannot get it to program.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2014 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
a pkall can only be programmed a few times before it becomes permanently locked. If thats the case, you will need to use a new one. Assuming it programmed correctly the first time, your best bet is to verify your connections before tossing in a new one and eventually locking that one up as well.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
dksob81 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2014 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
Well it definitely didn't Program, at least not correctly.If its already programmed when You pug in the connection and release the bottom it will flash if its programmed and its not flashing. So I don't think its Locked. for some reason its not accepting the programming.
I just installed one in a 2001 Ford Taurus and I am now having the same exact problem with getting it to program. New Module and everything. Different remote start tho, Autopage C3-RS-601.
But I cannot get this thing to program at all
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2014 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
Have you thought of switching over to iDatalink?  The ADS TB module, flashed with the ADS TB FM2 firmware is very solid and, with KLON, you can do these vehicles with just one working key. 
Soldering is fun!
g06104a8 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2014 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
I had the same problem using the pkall with the avital 4103 on 2007 mountaineer. The wiring diagram for the pkall is shown from the lock cylinder side not the plug side. Checkout the Idatalink site and the wires are shown completely opposite for the pkall site. I tried for days to get it to program and had the exact same results as you. I even bought a second pkall thinking it was defective. I had the wiring flipped. And I used up the 8 key slots on the mountaineers bcm and had to go to a locksmith to get them cleared out. They programmed the bcm to the 2 factory keys. Then the pkall programmed on the first try. Hope this helps.
the slacker
g06104a8 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2014 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
One other thing I forgot. The avital ships setup as w2w and needs changed to d2d by grounding the activation wire when powering it up for the firstime. I'm guessing that's how your connecting them.
the slacker
dksob81 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2014 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  
g06104a8 - How did you know you used up the "8 key slots"?
g06104a8 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2014 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
I took it to the lock Smith and he scanned it with his scanner. It showed that 8 keys were programmed. And I did a lot of research on the internet
the slacker
dksob81 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2014 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
     The last time I had it in my shop I couldn't get the PKALL to program, thought maybe the module went bad. Ordered a new one, and took a while to get it back in the shop because the vehicle was in the body shop bc the customer hit a deer.
     I got the vehicle back in the shop yesterday, installed the new PKALL module and still wouldn't program, after probably 30 attempts to get it to program I finally gave up and took it to the deal to have the Key Codes Erased from the BCM. Brought the vehicle back to the shop and voila!!! it programmed on the first attempt. Hopefully it stays programmed this time.
Thanks g06104a8

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic