icon

2012 jeep dball2, avital 4103 no power

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bpo118 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2014 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  

Alright so I have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler with no power doors or windows.  I started by installing power actuators in all the doors and connected them to the avital 4103 door wires.  I also purchased the DBALL2 (Flashed with the xkloader2 for my vehicle) and the CHTHD2 wiring harness. 

Alright, so I connected the harness between the igintion and then to the DBALL2.  This powered up the dball and it started flashing orange.  I then powered the Avital with both RED heavy gauge wires directly to the battery. Next, I grounded the black wire from the primary harness.  Lastly, I took the PINK heavy gauge wire and connected it to the pink wire off the 14 pin harness of the DBALL2.

I figured this was everything I needed to install. So I connected the D2D wire from the Avital to DBALL2 waited until the DBALL turned solid red, turned key on and the light started flashing green, took key out and pressed and released programming button and it went solid green and then off.

I thought that would work but I noticed the status light on the Avital never lights up.  Do I need to program it differently with the Avital connected? I checked the power pins on the avital and the ground with a voltmeter and it is getting power but whatever I do I can't get the Avital status light to flash...the remotes flash but nothing on the module.

2012 jeep dball2, avital 4103 no power -- posted image.

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2014 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  

Not sure I understand the problem but perhaps the Avital's D2D port is still in Bitwriter/ESP2 mode.

Here is a link to info on how to change it to D2D mode :  http://www.12voltdata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=8315

Soldering is fun!
bpo118 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2014 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  

I tried to connect the WHITE/ Blue activation wire to ground and then plug in the power but the unit doesn't flash. No light ever.  I stuck my multimeter in both red pins and to my ground and it reds the correct voltage so I know the power is reaching the unit.

Do you think the module is busted?

bpo118 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2014 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  

Essentially even if I just powered both RED heavy gauge wires and grounded the black wire on the main harness the unit should power up and I should see the status light flash, correct?

The antenna doesn't light up at all either.

kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2014 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  
With power, ground and antenna connected, you should hear the internal Parking Light relay click when you press the remotes Lock or Unlock button.  The 4103 LED will start to blink Red with a Lock command.  Don't think there is a LED on the stubby antenna.  Does that part work OK?
Soldering is fun!
bpo118 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2014 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  

I have no blinking lights with the lock button.  I will have to double check if I can hear anything when pressing the lock. 

-I'm assuming the only ground that needs to be connected is the black wire on the primary harness (thin ground wire by the way).

-I have both red 12 gauge wires soldered to a single 12 gauge wire going directly to the battery.  I had the fuses removed from the red wires until I had it all connected and then put the fuses in and nada.

Possible it's a bricked module?

bpo118 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2014 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry antenna is connected as well.
kreg357 
Posted: January 31, 2014 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
It's possible.  Even without a working bypass module, the 4103 should respond to the remotes, flash the parking lights with Lock / Unlock commands and the LED should flash Red while locked.
Soldering is fun!
triniforever 
Copper - Posts: 323
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2014 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
Try programming the transmitters to the brain I've seen a lot of them come not programmed ,and even had one instance where the antenna wires were inserted wrong on the plug
triniforever
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2014 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged  
There is another harness on the 4103 that you don't show:
Remote Start harness (H3) 5-pin connector
H3/1 BLACK/ WHITE (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH INPUT
H3/2 VIOLET/WHITE TACHOMETER INPUT WIRE
H3/3 BROWN (+) BRAKE SHUTDOWN INPUT WIRE
H3/4 GRAY (-) HOOD PIN SWITCH SHUTDOWN WIRE
H3/5 BLUE/WHITE (-) 200 mA 2ND STATUS/REAR DEFOGGER
H3/1 BLACK/ WHITE (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH INPUT needs to be grounded. Make sure this wire is connected to ground.
I agree with Kreg357 and Triniforever--You should have response from the remotes when you lock/unlock if they are programmed. If nothing else, you will hear the parking light relay inside the 4103 closing to flash the lights when you lock or unlock. Lock should also cause the LED to begin blinking.
To get into programming you need the pink heavy gauge IGNITION wire, both heavy gauge +12V constant wires, Ground, Neutral Safety ground, and antenna. Feedback such as Horn and Parking lights will help during programming.
Hope this helps.
Lectric Guy
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic