the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

latching relay 12v trigger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2014 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
beachbum561fla wrote:
i'm not sure where you got the wiring info from but that's not right. the wiring for a 2013 sonata SE 2.4 w/ dimension sound/navigation is:
Driver Mtr Unlock     GRAY          (REV)          AT MOTOR IN DOOR          
Driver Mtr Lock          WHITE          (REV)          AT MOTOR IN DOOR          
Pas Mtr Unlock          PINK/BLACK     (REV)          AT MOTOR IN DOOR          
Pas Mtr Lock          BROWN / ORANGE     (REV)          AT MOTOR IN DOOR
none of these are positive/12v so i don't think i can use the wires
Each motor unlock wire will show 12V+ during unlock and ground during lock. You can tie into either one (driver or passenger) to kill the latch in my diagram above.
latching relay 12v trigger - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
beachbum561fla 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2014 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
Ah. I really don't want to have to go in the driver's door. Maybe I'll see if I can find the wire somewhere else.
Do you know if there is any type of aftermarket add-on that I could use to tap in to act as a 'wireless' method to break either 12v or ground?
beachbum561fla 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2014 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
the12volt wrote:
the12volt wrote:
latching relay 12v trigger - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
is there a way to re-do this so i can use a negative input to kill the latch? i just don't want to have to run a wire into the door and i could just use the unlock wire to kill the latch (if possible)
the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2014 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  
Yes. Are you wanting to use a positive pulse to create the latch and a negative pulse to kill the latch? Or are you wanting to use a negative pulse for both? Let me know and I'll draw another diagram.
latching relay 12v trigger - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
beachbum561fla 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2014 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
the12volt wrote:
Yes. Are you wanting to use a positive pulse to create the latch and a negative pulse to kill the latch? Or are you wanting to use a negative pulse for both? Let me know and I'll draw another diagram.
I would like to use a positive to create the latch and a negative to kill the latch. That way when I hit unlock on my factory remote, it stops the additional sirens and I don't need a hidden switch on the exterior of the car to break ground.
the12volt 
Posted: February 18, 2014 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  

latching relay 12v trigger - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

beachbum561fla 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2014 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
thanks a bunch. i will give it a shot tomorrow! i'll let you know the results!
beachbum561fla 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2014 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
the12volt wrote:
thanks so much for all your help. i actually ended up doing the positive latch to kill the circuit. i was able to find the negative unlock wire, but it only gets a negative pulse when activated by the switch on the DOOR, not my keyless keyfob. i tried using the dome supervision as well since it's (-) but once the doors are unlocked and the dome comes on, it continues sending a negative pulse until the doors are closed and i hit lock. i knew that wouldn't work either. so i just went ahead and ran a wire from the Red oem wire in the DKP to the input on the relay and it worked 100%!
So now if the alarm goes off, i can hit my panic button to stop the factory horns and i can hit unlock to stop the DEI sirens. Eliminated the momentary switch that was hidden.
Thanks again for all the help!
the12volt 
Posted: February 21, 2014 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
You're welcome. Happy to hear it all worked out for you.
Cheers!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic