icon

Express dball 2 and Viper 5706v Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie (aka: harryharris)
Silver - Posts: 355
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2014 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
Set up your 5706 as NEG (-) parking lights, and wire the white to the vehicle black wire that's it.
Also the OBD connector pin 9 is the best place for picking up the tach signal.
N.B.
The DB-ALL should provide the above two signals you can go D2D, if it's not giving some listed outputs simply hardwire, no harm done.
P.S. You got the DB-ALL from fleabay? Good luck with that then.
Test before boxing up.
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2014 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
Piggybacking off of harryharris:
The 87a wires are rarely used except under special applications. The installation manual for the 5706 briefly covers this, but they're not needed for this install. Clip them all and tape them off.
The fuse inside the brain (usually a 10 amp) controls the polarity, so no relay is needed for this. The relay is built inside the 5706. Set the polarity to (-) and connect the white wire to the parking lights.
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)
thrue1 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2014 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks everyone. This is really a good point. I am wiring my remote start to learn and gain experience.
Again, question I have is:
1. Can i use my factory installed horn or I have to place the new siren that comes with the viper 5706v unit? I think I can use my car horn; but again I would like your advice?
2. How can i use my other AUX channels that i have leftover? I know I have to use a relay to power the end device such as a dome switch, but i would like to maximize my use of AUX channels and i would like some ideas as to what I can wire up.
3. At what point I should use the car battery as constant 12v? I read that the ignition harness 12v constant provides 30amps, but would that be enough if I were to use the aux channels if I were to use them all? Lets say dome light etc...
4. Also, what does it mean when we say accessories wire output to drive climate system etc..?    SO I have to leave my AC or Heat depending on the weather on in the car to make this work? I mean I have to keep the ON, not off position and leave the AC button pressed in? Correct? It is not like that I can control the climate control with the remote starter? I just have to leave the physical knob in the car to the ON position in order to make this work?
I know I am asking too many questions but This will help everyone like me to understand. I am reading up and hopefully not asking dumb questions.
vin123 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2014 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  

freqsounds wrote:
You're going to have to get it flashed so you program the key. It's not going to work right without flashing. Maybe a local shop will flash it for you for a couple bucks.
As for the connections, all black lines on the diagram for the DBALL need to be connected for D2D.
All wires need to be connected for W2W, the black and dashed blue lines.

Thanks, I'll get it flash. 

Is there anything else beside flash dball2 and D2D connections? 

Do you know how TLTH1 harness connector? It connects to OBDII one end, but not i'm not exactly the end goes.

Can you double check the D2D connections that I rewrote above? 

thrue1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2014 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
Pls reply back
freqsounds 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2014 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
Reply to vin123
As far as programming is concerned, yes, the DBALL is the only thing that must be programmed before installation.
Before I can answer any of these other questions, I have a couple questions. :)
This is a 2011 Camry, right?
Is this a standard, 'G Key', or 'Smart Key'?
If you haven't already, go to www.xpresskit.com and look up your car on the top right. It will give you a visual diagram of how you need to wire your remote start with the DBALL2.
Reply to thrue1
Don't worry, I'm getting there! Of course the thread would be easier to follow if you had your own thread. Each issue should have its own thread. Express dball 2 and Viper 5706v Wiring - Page 3 -- posted image.
Because the iDatalink module syncs with the factory alarm, it should still give you the horn beep with lock/unlock. I don't know if the Viper will set off the factory alarm if it triggers. And for that, I recommend connecting the siren.
You can use aux channels to automate just about anything. As far as creativity goes, think of something and post a thread, we can't be creative for you! Express dball 2 and Viper 5706v Wiring - Page 3 -- posted image. Every car is different, and certain things rely on a certain skill level. For example, automating a trunk opening with an actuator would require some mechanical and electrical knowledge.
Aux channels only output 500mA. This isn't enough to power anything except a relay. So to answer your question, it doesn't draw off the +12V constant. Your relay would, however. Your dome light shouldn't be triggered by an aux channel though. It should be triggered by the dome light wire.
The car has separate circuits. For example, it has Ignition, Starter, and Accessory. The ignition handles the engine, the starter handles the starter, and the accessory handles anything that isn't required to start the car, for example, the radio, climate control, cigarette lighters, etc.
Controlling the climate control with the remote start does require a certain level of electrical skill. You won't be able to change the temperature though. You can use relays to bypass the current setting of a physical knob. Good chances are, you won't find a writeup on it, and the project would be fully custom. You'd have to meter the wires and cut wires and make your connections where needed. It would require a significant amount of relays to put a 'hot' or 'cold' setting on an aux channel. I have done this on my older Saab, and it was a pretty intense project. It's just easier to set the knobs before you go in for the night.
vin123 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2014 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, its G key. Can you check the questions above?
appreciated
vin123
freqsounds 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2014 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
Here's a visual diagram of the DBALL installation:
Express dball 2 and Viper 5706v Wiring - Page 3 -- posted image.
You can see this here: http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=7734&productid=553&firmwareid=5298
You need Installation 1.
The T-harness isn't going to work for this car.
freqsounds 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2014 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
It shrunk the image, so you'll probably have to see it in the installation manual. All the black solid lines need to be connected in D2D mode.
W2W requires all the lines to be connected -- black and blue dashed.
thrue1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2014 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
One last question
Suppose I left the AC on and fan knob at 2 setting, after starting my car with remote start the accessory will throw power to this climate control right away, right?
If yes, is there a way to delay this., so that car warns up before AC or Heat gets started? I think is better for engine, no?
I was thinking installing inline to the accessory out put a timer delay.... Like Finder 86.20.0.024, so that I can set the accessory output to turn on after 4 min , let's say. So that. Car can warn up to normal rpm and should get warm for it to be effective? What do you think?
Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic