icon

two head units

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
freqsounds 
Copper - Posts: 289
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2014 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
I have a customer that, no matter how many times I tell him it's a bad idea, wants to use two head units in his car.
Purpose:
- He wants to use a quality flipout screen.
- He wants the best possible audio quality.
Configuration:
He wants to plug the flipout into an Alpine unit's aux RCAs. He hasn't confirmed the two units he likes best. He wants the most power delivered to the amps (~5V preouts), and HD screen quality.
Of course, he has to be difficult, because there are many units that meet his standards as an all-in-one, but I can't convince him otherwise.
So my question is, can this be done, and can this cause any serious issues?
No question is stupid or not worth asking. You were once a noob, right? :)
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2014 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
Does he somehow think 2 is better than one? It's not like you combine the signal from 2 sources (HUs) to get better quality...
And quality flip out screens have such poor sound etc quality?
And who cares about the most power delivered to the amps if the amps can output their full power (with a lower voltage input)>
I don't see any problems other than the complication of selecting which is to provide the output etc.
No doubt if he's that fussy he'll be powering each direct from the battery (via whatever fuses & relays & relay control is required).
itsyuk 
Silver - Posts: 505
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2014 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  
if the awsome SQ HU has an audio in port then hook the flip out sound into that.
yuk
quiet rural missouri, near KC.
If your system moves you physically and not emotionally, you have wasted your money.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic